LegacyGT.com

Install day???

PGT

Now that it's not 100F and 95% humidity, it would be cool to do another install day (my house or wherever). I have stuff on the way from AVO (pink springs, pitch stopper, exhaust, etc). Anybody else have stuff to install and interested in putting some collective effort in?

Next weekend is Labor Day - we currently have no plans, but that might not be the case for everybody. That weekend, or the one after??

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey PGT -- i just mentioned this in the other thread --

but if you want to maybe try a group / clear / black-out headlight type thing -- i've got my spare headlight to practice on first.. We can do that then do the real thing. (and i'm up for hanging out and helping out with some installs)

Saturday would be best for me also, the other days are somewhat limited right now although could free up between now and then. Nothing to install, lots of experience and tools plus it would be really nice to meet.

Cool. Let's wait and see what the week brings. It won't matter much for me if my parts don't come in by Friday, but we can still install something else if anybody has anything.

This sounds promising. not only will I be around, but with any luck I will have properly sized technafit brake lines and bobcat pads to install, and I have never worked on brakes before, so I could use all the help I can get....
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

Are they all within driving distance from each other?:lol: :lol: :confused:

within the continental US, they are ALL within driving distance ;)

I am just jealous, I love garage days, been a while since I have had one, or been to one. Good fun, good people.

Hopefully, we will get some decent weather.

Alex - I chickened out on my brakes. Pads should be easy, but lines are a bit harder (though DM did his, so we should fair alright.)

Last time we did things at my house, the person with the most tech skills didn't turn a wrench or give any advice. Guess if we aren't paying money, we don't get the benefit of his knowledge. :( So much for a learning experience.

according to NOAA, this weekend shouldn't be too bad

Saturday: Mostly sunny, with a high around 80

So - Dan, you've got a few things you'd like to throw on and Sandwood wants to do his brake lines? If your things come in, This sounds like it should be enough to keep us busy for a while...

Aside from this, Thier are always the free mods we can do - Like I said ealier, i've got a spare headlamp assembly that I can bring if anyone wants to practice clearing the headlights. (If not at the install meet, that is one thing I plan on doing next weekend) -- Lets see... their is also the intake silencer removal, or DRL disable...

If all else fails, i'm up for some more Gran Turismo on a 100" screen. ;)

I do need to revert to stock headlight bulbs. I don't think my xenons will pass VA inspection :( Should be fairly easy....need to get new cups for the lamps.

I need to set the projector back up....I'll make sure it's ready for the weekend. :D

I'd be interested to see how clearing headlights works as well. Is there any question about this messing with your ability to pass inspection? they are a!!holes about that sort of stuff in DC.

If I am really, really lucky, I might also have some brand spanking new mufflers to install as well - but I doubt they will make it here in time.

:dm: Looks like I gotta remember to bring my memory card then haha.

oh wait Saturday? hmm, I may have to wait and see. I may be heading to Skyline drive that day...

GOod call, i'll have to see if i can dig up my memory card... I'll also bring my Steering wheel.

Last time we did things at my house, the person with the most tech skills didn't turn a wrench or give any advice. Guess if we aren't paying money, we don't get the benefit of his knowledge. :( So much for a learning experience.

hehe, are you talking about Keefe?

I'd be interested to see how clearing headlights works as well. Is there any question about this messing with your ability to pass inspection? they are a!!holes about that sort of stuff in DC.

Thats actually a good question, i'll have to look at the VA rule book -- i'm not sure if amber reflctors on the front are required.. I think the law says that it only has the 'blink' yellow... which it does as long as you leave the stock yellow bulb in place.

Thats actually a good question, i'll have to look at the VA rule book -- i'm not sure if amber reflctors on the front are required.. I think the law says that it only has the 'blink' yellow... which it does as long as you leave the stock yellow bulb in place.

yeah, I thought blinking amber was the requirement too - I'm pretty sure there are some cars out there that come with clear turn signals using only an amber bulb, so that should be close enough....

Gah .. I can't make it if you guys do it laborday wkend. I'll be in texas visiting a friend.

The wkend after that I believe is the MD seafood festival. I think it's 10$ per person and all you can eat seafood. =).

Dan's burgers ROCK .. make sure you chip in and bug him to make them. ha.

Archived