LegacyGT.com

Please Help Me Repair My Spec B!

Hey guys, i have a 2007 Spec B im getting repaired right now and i was hoping i could get some advice. Here's the details...

The "Left Front Wheel" and "Left Rear Wheel" impacted a curb leaving the front wheel toed in significantly and the rear wheel wobly and toed in i believe as well. Both rims and tires were damaged according to the adjuster :lol:

A girl had backed into me a months before so i called the same guy and he agreed to let me order my own parts to repair the car seeing as the car had aftermarket parts on it already. Wheels, and BC/BR's. So here's the fun part!

I was cut $1207 for two spec b wheels and Michelins, and i was able to scoop up some Linea Corse Lemans with tires for a great price! Attached are the rest of the parts im going to be ordering for the car (except for the body work, rocker panels etc... The shop is handling that)

Lastly, i have already inspected the damage myself and i know there to be broken things that they haven't listed so i expect some additional replacement parts will be necessary. The shop has agreed that they will install any upgrades (ex. i will need to replace the LR Trailing arm, and the shop said it would replace it with an aftermarket one)

So my questions are these: I have researched most of the parts on subarupartsdepot.com and i have found substantial savings through there, any advice on dealing with them i never have before or is there a better parts resource i should check out? Secondly, i cannot seem to find the parts the adjuster listed on the attached image under "front suspension" i found the axel nut but that was it.

Last question, does anyone see any good opportunities here for upgrading?! I'm very green on whats available for suspension on our cars :p Megan Racing Trailing arms seem like a great cost saving/hopeful upgrade but i was hoping i could get some advice from you guys!

Thanks,

Brett

IMG_2051.thumb.JPG.b15abf04464f667ae9ea5e0c0f6f5bfa.JPG

7qy3.jpg.ce06a2f81370054a64fda73608457bec.jpg

image.thumb.jpg.3101a4fbe6da52acf3f20d7016795b85.jpg

looks like you are missing 2 wheel bearings - things are fragile.

If you can find the whiteline bits, they are better. However, they have been a bit rare of late. However, the only reason to replace the rears suspension bits is to get more camber. Something that is not indicated with the 225 All Seasons you are getting. Speaking of which, why getting All Seasons if you live in Georgia? Step up to the Michelin Super Sport and enjoy your car.

Whiteline rear control arms (KTA124)? 5 sets in stock. ;)

I carry Subaru OEM as well as a bunch of aftermarket brands, and have eight years of experience as an owner/enthusiast and now vendor for the '05-'09 platform. Check the link in my signature for all the brands I carry, and hit me up via PM if you have any specific questions. :)

looks like you are missing 2 wheel bearings - things are fragile.

If you can find the whiteline bits, they are better. However, they have been a bit rare of late. However, the only reason to replace the rears suspension bits is to get more camber. Something that is not indicated with the 225 All Seasons you are getting. Speaking of which, why getting All Seasons if you live in Georgia? Step up to the Michelin Super Sport and enjoy your car.

hey thanks for the advice! check the updated op and youll see the tires im getting. I got 4 wheels and tires because at the time i was selling my street rims and was riding on stock tires/stock 17's

my BC/BR's are in pretty bad shape as well so im hoping i can replace them but money is tight

-Brett

Have you looked into fred beans parts? I'm not from the US but I've heard they often do the best prices.

As for some upgrade options after the springs the rear sway bar + end links is often the next best step, followed by various bushings.

You already have coilovers, do you have the bump steer kit from whiteline? It's recommended that if you're lowering your car more than an inch from stock then you should have it as it will realign the steering geometry.

if you slid into a curb, guessing, then your c/o may be tweaked, too. In particular, the back one.

c/o ? yes i thought it was interesting he didn't think the hubs were bent and when i took the front wheel off i saw that a piece of the front aluminum LCA had a bent piece on it as well but he assured me if they ahd trouble repairing it or if it had trouble aligning he would keep working to repair it. So far Nationwide has been amazing.

-Brett

c/o ? yes i thought it was interesting he didn't think the hubs were bent and when i took the front wheel off i saw that a piece of the front aluminum LCA had a bent piece on it as well but he assured me if they ahd trouble repairing it or if it had trouble aligning he would keep working to repair it. So far Nationwide has been amazing.

-Brett

It's aluminum. It's not a bend it back in place. It's a replace item. Be sure they replace it. And use new bushings when they do. You can get the upgraded whiteline bushings from Underdog and add them to the new control arm.

The hubs may not be bent, however, the inner traces are likely damaged. I would push for both of them to be replaced.

If you have coil/overs (BR Racing is c/o), then you will need a new corner balance & alignment when they are done. Be sure they do that, otherwise, your car will not ride right.

• 2 weeks later...
Try not to commit insurance fraud. Or at least, don't admit to it on a public forum. ;)

nothing even close to fraudulent happened. everything went through the adjuster himself. pics coming soon! she's fixed!

Sometimes you lead the horse to the water, and it still licks the dirt.

:rolleyes:

-Brett

Archived