LegacyGT.com

Has anyone looked into intalling a traditional e-brake/hand-brake?

coder

The bat mobile had a side cannon with a grappling hook to make sharper corners. Might save the interior and still achieve the same thing.

Ew or an oil slick maybe..

The author of this post does NOT condone any of the above actions! They are dangerous and likely illegal, check your local laws.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Out of everything you said, this made me laugh the hardest.

What makes you think that anyone other than another Subaru owner would take a second look at your car? Does it have an AMG or M or Spec.B badge? :lol:

^^you left one out

:hide:

Flare launcher. Actually, it would likely be easier and way cooler.

*I do not condone, recommend or suggest that anyone installs or attempts to install something this bad ass on their Legacy. Leave that for the rednecks and their trucks.

I'll leave you pussies here to talk about and troll talking about bolting on weak parts and gay rims because you're mechanically declined and only know how to plug in an AP. Is this a kia or isuzu forum? F#@$IN WEAK! I'll resort back to self-efficiency mode and actually be creating something while you sheep are following the herd. In my neighborhood, most of you bitches would get pealed the F*%$ back and PC'd the F *%# up straight up. IDGAF.. Mod's, I'll save you the trouble and ban myself. lol Latter yuppies! Latter daddy's boys! Latter weak bitches with your weak rims and plasti-dip :lol: Now watch how many of you bitches keep posting on here. Next person to post is a bitch. POST IF YOU'RE A BITCH:

Edit: Mod's BAN. access denied

Coder needs a hand brake mod to run away and he has the nerve to call someone else a "b". Lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

IDGAF now. I ran from the cops. WTF you got on that? PC up! Flash on you any day

I'll leave you pussies here to talk about and troll talking about bolting on weak parts and gay rims because you're mechanically declined and only know how to plug in an AP. Is this a kia or isuzu forum? F#@$IN WEAK! I'll resort back to self-efficiency mode and actually be creating something while you sheep are following the herd. In my neighborhood, most of you bitches would get pealed the F*%$ back and PC'd the F *%# up straight up. IDGAF.. Mod's, I'll save you the trouble and ban myself. lol Latter yuppies! Latter daddy's boys! Latter weak bitches with your weak rims and plasti-dip :lol: Now watch how many of you bitches keep posting on here. Next person to post is a bitch. POST IF YOU'RE A BITCH:

IDGAF now. I ran from the cops. WTF you got on that? PC up! Flash on you any day

Quoted for posterity! Happy trails, Hans.

Back to the hand brake idea for a minute...would that void the warranty? Cause a flare launcher definitely would. I gotta rethink this for a bit. Maybe a big-ass lever mounted to the exterior mirror housing. You know, just reach out and grab that hoss when you want to turn. Although that would limit rotation to left-hand turns unless your car has the Euro/right-hand drive thing going on.

would you have the left side lever activate the left wheel brake and the right side lever activate the right wheel brake? that could be fun. although maybe be bad on your diff.

Current Mileage as of 19-June-15: 15012

Purchase Date: 30-June-12

Visit my profile page (visitor message section) for a brief mod. list.

So, I completely wasted my time trying to help because you cant handle a little fun? Mellow fuzzy dude!

^ no actually I respect you (and a few others here). Thanks for the help. I'll create another account here and pm you what I come up with. After looking at the diagram you posted, I'm still thinking the same approach: eliminate the motor and use the cables

New guy, thanks for coming back. Upholding your threat to leave is, well, too childish. Way to make an entrance.

Repeated and often use of the hand break is bad on the diffs. An asymmetrical action in a symmetrical world. You will increased possible failure if drive train components.

There may be some posts on this over at NAOSIC discussing the additional wear and possible issues brought on early by this mod. Maybe try looking there. Also maybe in the suspention area.

^ no actually I respect you (and a few others here). Thanks for the help. I'll create another account here and pm you what I come up with. After looking at the diagram you posted, I'm still thinking the same approach: eliminate the motor and use the cables

IMO your wasting your time making a new account. In a couple months no one is going to remember the guy who tried to justifying why he needed a mechanical e-brake. I am sure many hear want a true e-brake, the cost and fabrication is an obstacle for many.

I personally I would not mind a true e-brake for when I drift around my work parking lot in the snow. I just can't justify spending any money or time to do so.

• I Donated
IMO your wasting your time making a new account. In a couple months no one is going to remember the guy who tried to justifying why he needed a mechanical e-brake.

I don't know about that. This is approaching the status of...

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v374/grand_toots/legendary-thread.jpg

Archived