LegacyGT.com

Has anyone looked into intalling a traditional e-brake/hand-brake?

coder

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

4. If i see a cop when I'm speeding, I like to use a handbrake to slow down (provided I'm not cornering and the road is not slippery). This make the car squat when braking rather than diving forward like it will when you hit the brakes. Cops see that a mile away. Also if the cop is behind you, the e-brake doesn't trigger the brake lights. Nose-dive and brake lights are a dead giveaway to a cop. You're basically admitting guilt by hitting your brakes

Just wanna jump in here on this topic...

If you see a cop in a speed trap, then it's probably already too late to slow down. If the cop is behind you, and he hasn't already caught you speeding, then he probably wont; I don't remember the last time I heard about cops around here pacing, maybe they do it where you live, I don't know. Now, if you're going really, really fast and/or driving like a lunatic, then I don't think not activating your brake lights or nose-diving will matter either.

Even the new C7 has an electric parking brake.

I read in car and driver recently that a lot of the change over was due to revised regulations about how long cars had to hold X much weight on a % grade would require too much force to manually activate.

The best part about electronic parking brake? Launch control :)

I'll leave you pussies here to talk about and troll talking about bolting on weak parts and gay rims because you're mechanically declined and only know how to plug in an AP. Is this a kia or isuzu forum? F#@$IN WEAK! I'll resort back to self-efficiency mode and actually be creating something while you sheep are following the herd. In my neighborhood, most of you bitches would get pealed the F*%$ back and PC'd the F *%# up straight up. IDGAF.. Mod's, I'll save you the trouble and ban myself. lol Latter yuppies! Latter daddy's boys! Latter weak bitches with your weak rims and plasti-dip :lol: Now watch how many of you bitches keep posting on here. Next person to post is a bitch. POST IF YOU'RE A BITCH:

Edit: Mod's BAN. access denied

IDGAF now. I ran from the cops. WTF you got on that? PC up! Flash on you any day

Really dude? Really?? You need to grow up. Act like a bitch, get treated like one. All this whining and posting big red letters just makes you look worse. Like I said, keep the emotion out of it because it makes you look like more of an ass than anyone else who is "poking fun" at you. The internet is a big place and people aren't always going to like your ideas. If you can't take criticism then you should probably stay off the internet.

As much as I don't agree with this project, I was willing to help out if I could. But after this outburst, you're on your own. I removed the parking brake diagram from my previous post. You can find your own service manual.

new account because mods will ban? or does anyone even care about this forum? I see why

I mentioned the diff damage issue in OP

already had the fsm was looking for head start

contribute but still talk shit = no more respect, no more follow up, I'm on my own...you too.

see "hand-brake" in the title and roll eyes = weak driver: prob bought auto trans. 10 and 2 for life. driving Mrs. Daisey

keep coming back/posting for entertainment/clicking "found useful" = no life

i should stay off the internet: off of forum's...Latter pussies

I'll be agile and actually doing things while you're still here seeking social fulfillment:lol:

• I Donated
new account because mods will ban? or does anyone even care about this forum? I see why

contribute but still talk shit = no more respect, no more follow up, I'm on my own...you too.

see "hand-brake" in the title and roll eyes = weak driver: prob bought auto trans. 10 and 2 for life. driving Mrs. Daisey

I'll be agile and actually doing things while you're still here seeking social fulfillment:lol:

The lulz are still here, I see.

This is for you, OP:

http://static4.fjcdn.com/comments/Stick+to+facebook+kid+_33b32b25e3e579547829796a9fbfaec2.jpg

I will do this project one way or another some day. I will go to great lengths to see it though.

No you won't.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

lol, now you're just babbling nonsense.

no ban because you're not a threat to anybody? I mean I suppose you did kinda threaten physical violence, which could be a reason for banning... "In my neighborhood, most of you bitches would get pealed the F*%$ back and PC'd the F *%# up straight up. IDGAF.."

You sit there calling us bitches and pussies and how we'd get beat up in your neighborhood, and WE'RE the e-thugs??? :confused:

you mentioned a lot of BS in the OP, I'm sure most people skimmed over it TL;DR style.

And instead you went head-first into jackassery.

Oh no, I'm on my own! You mean you don't want to be friends?? Gosh that's a bummer... :spin: I was just trying to tell you not to act like a jackass, jackass.

Yeah, the only auto trans 5th gen GT in USDM existence. Keep digging that hole pal :rolleyes:

It's called the "Thanks" button, its the button that says "Thanks" on it. It was right in front of you while you were writing that post in fit of rage.

Do it, you won't.

Again with that agility BS... Hopefully next time you get caught (with or without the handbrake) and then you can get some "social fulfillment" in your prison pocket. :eek:

"In my neighborhood, most of you bitches would get pealed the F*%$ back and PC'd the F *%# up straight up. IDGAF.."

You sit there calling us bitches and pussies and how we'd get beat up in your neighborhood, and WE'RE the e-thugs??? :confused:

I hate when we get these guys in my neighborhood aka cell block. They usually get washed-up and I have to do all that friggin paperwork.

I shall reply to this OP.

3. Emergency maneuvering. Though I'm not proud of it, I used to drive like an ass-hat drifting all over the place and got quite good at it. Those days are long behind me but I would like the comfort of having that option if an emergency situation warranted it. For those who have never driven like that (finding your car's capabilities and limits) you'd be amazed at what maneuverability is possible. It could even save someone's/your life. A manual e-brake can play a big roll in maneuverability.

If you need a e-brake to slide the car, obviously you need to learn other techniques on making it slide. If you need to rely on the e-brake in emergency situations, you clearly don't know the limits of the car and don't know how to adjust to them quickly without an e-brake. E-brake is not that big of a roll in maneuverability, know how to control your car with what you have and your reaction time are the key factors.

4. If i see a cop when I'm speeding, I like to use a handbrake to slow down (provided I'm not cornering and the road is not slippery). This make the car squat when braking rather than diving forward like it will when you hit the brakes. Cops see that a mile away. Also if the cop is behind you, the e-brake doesn't trigger the brake lights. Nose-dive and brake lights are a dead giveaway to a cop. You're basically admitting guilt by hitting your brakes

Why you no have radar dectector? Be more aware of your surroundings.

new account because mods will ban?

If you register a new account, the admin and mod will be able see that two users are using the same device. On the forum that I am an admin, we have a forum section automatically starts a new topic.

When I saw topic, your first post was what I expected to see.

BTW I use 2 hands when I drive (I use my seat belt too). Their is a reason race car driver use two hands. I don't care if I look cool or not.

Could you post some simple Internet search skills to help the OP fact find? It may be a skill he can slowly develop and become competent with. It's complicated but I gave it a try: https://www.google.com/#q=e-brake+kit

Actually, I'm mistaken. Op states he just needs a handle.

I was wondering if anybody heard of anyone attempting or at least looking into the custom install of an e-brake handle. I will do this project one way or another some day. I will go to great lengths to see it though. :lol:

Am a bitch. Heard I should post. Am I in time for the gangbang?

Seriously though, I would strongly consider a proper hydraulic HAND BRAKE, in addition to the stock PARKING BRAKE if a decent kit was available. Probably would involve a new center diff setup though. Terminal understeer is a thing if you do a lot of road rallies.

Of course it turns out to be a troll account. Well played troll, well played.

Archived