LegacyGT.com

CEL on and off

Normally you have 2 bungs in aftermarket downpipe, 1 for stock. For aftermarket 1 on top behind turbo is usually used for wideband sensor, and other for regular o2 sensor, stock pipe only has spot for 1 sensor. Don't really need the rear o2. But most people don't care for egt's in catless uppipe because the filament might take out your turbo if a piece of it breaks off. If you run it after turbo I doubt the readings will be as accurate as it being in manifold/uppipe. If you have a bung in your uppipe for it, thats where it should go, otherwise.... remove it.

do urself a favor go get it checked to be 100%... if it is the same issue im dealing with now ull have a much bigger headache down the road. My car was doin the same thing next thing i know im lookin at roughly $2k worth of work and hope that my engine doesnt go on me

do urself a favor go get it checked to be 100%... if it is the same issue im dealing with now ull have a much bigger headache down the road. My car was doin the same thing next thing i know im lookin at roughly $2k worth of work and hope that my engine doesnt go on me

OK, what is it that you were dealing with and how did you remedy it? Thanks in advance!

OK, what is it that you were dealing with and how did you remedy it? Thanks in advance!

it started the same as ur's... but i payed no attention to it seeing as the cel and cruise control light would go off... then they stayed on and my car is now throwing the p0011 code also along with 6 other codes... has possible turbo failure and for a remedy its going to a shop where im paying bout $2k to replace oil lines/turbo/gaskets and banjo bolt and hoping that no metal or copper made its way into my engine if it did then im shit out of luck on my engine and need to pay lord knows how much for a new one... deff get it checked and be on the safe side. I wish i wasnt dumb and got it checked... rather pay what ever at the time than the headache now

it started the same as ur's... but i payed no attention to it seeing as the cel and cruise control light would go off... then they stayed on and my car is now throwing the p0011 code also along with 6 other codes... has possible turbo failure and for a remedy its going to a shop where im paying bout $2k to replace oil lines/turbo/gaskets and banjo bolt and hoping that no metal or copper made its way into my engine if it did then im shit out of luck on my engine and need to pay lord knows how much for a new one... deff get it checked and be on the safe side. I wish i wasnt dumb and got it checked... rather pay what ever at the time than the headache now

Hoping I dont see a similar fate, however I did take it into the shop and have it checked out. The only thing that was out of the ordinary was a was a bit low on oil. They also said that the unreasonably cold days we have been having in these parts could have played a part. Short of replacing the banjo bolt and OCVs just on a whim I don't see much else I can do to be on the safe side as you say.

Any suggestions?

I have posted this before but... I had the same code, a few days later I started the car to a oil pressure light and the sound of satan in the engine bay.

I pulled the pan. Looked like silver paint w/ large metal shavings. My oil pickup was pretty clogged but not cracked or anything. Unsure if this was before or after the knock.

I had a p0011 code w/ a cyl3 misfire IIRC. When I pulled the motor out, I took off my pass side OCV and it came out in 2 pieces. I have never seen one of these break before. Somehow this managed to break. My oil feed line at the turbo was surrounded with small metal shavings as well.

When I pulled the turbo, there was no visible signs of destruction. Slightly abnormal shaft play but nothing out of LGT ordinary.

Upon further inspection of the shortblock, my cyl#4 rod was actually smacking the block and left a decent witness mark.

The heads were iffy, w/ mild scoring on cams. If I was building a car for power / anything but grandma driving I would have thrown them away.

I hope this helps but doesn't scare you into a mass frenzy of buying crap you might not need at all / yet.

I believe that the OCV broke -> starved oil from turbo -> turbo sent metal everywhere thus destroying the bottom end / spun rod bearing.

I would also look into getting an oil pressure gauge as others have mentioned, the stock light comes on at dangerously low levels.

I have posted this before but... I had the same code, a few days later I started the car to a oil pressure light and the sound of satan in the engine bay.

I pulled the pan. Looked like silver paint w/ large metal shavings. My oil pickup was pretty clogged but not cracked or anything. Unsure if this was before or after the knock.

I had a p0011 code w/ a cyl3 misfire IIRC. When I pulled the motor out, I took off my pass side OCV and it came out in 2 pieces. I have never seen one of these break before. Somehow this managed to break. My oil feed line at the turbo was surrounded with small metal shavings as well.

When I pulled the turbo, there was no visible signs of destruction. Slightly abnormal shaft play but nothing out of LGT ordinary.

Upon further inspection of the shortblock, my cyl#4 rod was actually smacking the block and left a decent witness mark.

The heads were iffy, w/ mild scoring on cams. If I was building a car for power / anything but grandma driving I would have thrown them away.

I hope this helps but doesn't scare you into a mass frenzy of buying crap you might not need at all / yet.

I believe that the OCV broke -> starved oil from turbo -> turbo sent metal everywhere thus destroying the bottom end / spun rod bearing.

I would also look into getting an oil pressure gauge as others have mentioned, the stock light comes on at dangerously low levels.

Split in half that's not cool man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived