LegacyGT.com

Preferred EBCS

Lots of different brands and nothing clearly stated... can I or should I use a Cobb EBCS if I go with OS tuning? Not sure if I am going that route, but getting all my ducks in a row. If not, what brand(s) are highly recommended? I even read something about an inexpensive GM OEM unit that is supposed to work fine.

Lots of different brands and nothing clearly stated... can I or should I use a Cobb EBCS if I go with OS tuning? Not sure if I am going that route, but getting all my ducks in a row. If not, what brand(s) are highly recommended? I even read something about an inexpensive GM OEM unit that is supposed to work fine.

Yes you can hack together your own GM setup, however most tuners would "prefer" the grimmspeed EBCS. Of course talk to your tuner first, but that is the one that mine recommended. Prodrive is another popular option, with the GM option being one of the least documented.

The Cobb and grimmspeed use the same valve and are pretty much the same. Most of my customers go with the grimmspeed unit and it performs great.

Dave

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Providing unmatched customer service and a Premium level of Dyno/E-tuning to the Community

cryotuneperformance@yahoo.com

facebook.com/cryotuneperformance.

• 3 weeks later...
Ask your tuner. Get one if they prefer it or if you have some extra cash.

Yep, that's my thought, get something he's used to working with. Makes his job easier...may be cheaper in the long run.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

Actually the reason I ask is he said the stock unit was OK at my boost level, but didn't really give me an answer at what boost level an A/M unit would be better. Just compared to the previous advice I got here, that surprised me.

I went with perrin 3 port setup because my tuner liked using them and told me the stock one works but its easier to tune with the upgraded 3 port setup for quicker spool and hold boost longer. Like others said I would go with your tuners recommendations as they are the one thats gonna make the car run properly.

Archived