LegacyGT.com

Adding Turn signal to my mirror???

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
No. I mean't I have wires running from the turning signal in the headlight housing to the blinkers on the mirror. I purchased nstg8r's lights when he sold the car.

Oh, it is much clearer now. Did he cutout the mirror covers, flush mounted the blinkers and applied some silicone around? Do you have any close up picture of the mirrors for my future reference?

Guess I should have gotten some crayons out and had my toddler draw a pic...:/

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I don't know why you feel so boredom at my state of frustration after reading your reply? I just tried to find the logic in your answer. It is up to you if you want to contribute with a nicely drawn electrical scheme on how to power up a side marker light/blinker/ using the 12V from a front parking light.

Oh, it is much clearer now. Did he cutout the mirror covers, flush mounted the blinkers and applied some silicone around? Do you have any close up picture of the mirrors for my future reference?

I will try to take a few pics today if it's not dark when I leave work. If not, sometime this weekend. If I remember correctly there are no mirror covers. The blinkers are a little recessed but it did have silicone. I did add more silicone to try to make it a bit more flush and some added protection.

The one thing though, is that through the years, the clear cover over the blinkers have began to fade to darker. Not sure if it's dirt collected inside or just the plastic itself from age.

• 3 months later...

Hey guys,

I'm trying to DIY some blinkers on the mirrors, but I faced some difficulties with the mirror disassembly.

How should I disassemble the mirror from its housing? I tried to reach the ball joint at the mirror's back, but I am afraid not to break it while pulling.

The other thing is to connect it to the front blinkers-Does anyone has the wire diagram of the headlight connector, so I can find which wire is used for the blinkers?

Subaru Outback Special Appearance Package (SAP) OE Replacement Side Mirror with Signal

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Kool-Vue-Set-of-2-Mirror-Power-for-2013-2014-Subaru-Outback-Left-Right-/232263859888?hash=item3614013eb0:g:AAsAAOSwurZZNnd7&vxp=mtr

Refer to this link on how to take apart the door panel:

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/104-gen-4-2010-2014/33673-taiguy-s-car-stereo-install-log.html

**if you want to thank me for sharing this, I'm taking donations and I will be the guinea pig and try these out**

○ ○ ○

Instagram: itshangertime :spin::spin::spin: ○ ○ ○

Finally, I managed to dissemble the mirror and install the led marker lights. I will post pictures a little bit later.

Now, I have to connect them to the wire harness of the front headlight.

Does anyone knows the color codes for the headlight harness?

Before I dismount the bumper and everything else I have to be sure which wire I shall use.

Archived