LegacyGT.com

Ladies and gentleman, I need your opinion.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Really nice work on this logo so far! Once you get it dialed in just right, I would be really interested in seeing what you could do with a OBK XT logo :)

I could definitely do that too! That'll be my next thing after I finish this!

• 2 weeks later...
Just thought I'd give you guys an update. I'm checking with a few companies about getting die cut vinyls made. So once I figure out which would be the best to go with I'll set up some kind of way to get stickers to the guys who want them!

That would be awesome if it's no trouble! I would do it but I don't have access to autocad anymore. :/

Is it possible to just make the LGT like this STi badge?

http://www.cartype.com/pics/104/full/sti_subaru.jpg

So like this but 3d with the slightly angled edges like the STi badge has?

http://i39.tinypic.com/2eoi68y.jpg

Yes it is possible, just a more complicated CAD file. Do you have a place lined up to 3D print it? Will it be done in 2 colors, or 1 color print with pink paint?

Way to go lieutenant dan!

But I have a few places I've found but I'd like to have the file before I before I get quotes Just in case.

But I'm either thinking black then painting pink. Or pink then painting black. Unless of course we can get the letters and the backing made separate and it's cost efficient.

I'm gonna try to figure out the best way to do it so it isn't ridiculously expensive and still looks good.

Most 3d printing should be able to be done with both colors. Then a polyurethane clear coat to UV stabilize. But it may be more expensive that way.

I was just thinking that they could probably do both. I'll make sure to ask when everything gets quoted. That would probably be the best looking of the options. I'm also gonna see about Black/red ones as well as the Black/pink ones.

what did you think of my ms paint drawings? I was trying to figure out how to make it look more like a g and not an e, I liked the 3rd one you did the best. I am interested in one of these badges if they look good. The purple one doesnt seem right to me for some reason, it focuses more on an outlined g and not both the interior and exterior like the sti symbol. Just my 2 cents.

• Mega Users

First edit:

All lines and spacing except for the obvious made equal

All angles made equal and aligned

Let me know what you think so far.

I wish I could remember how to convert these .dwg's to .jpeg's

For the next edit I'm planning on shrinking the edges to about half their width, messing with some of the spacing in the g and the t.

Then it'll be onto 3d!

LGTEqual-Layout1.pdf

I was just thinking that they could probably do both. I'll make sure to ask when everything gets quoted. That would probably be the best looking of the options. I'm also gonna see about Black/red ones as well as the Black/pink ones.

I'd be in for a red one. If it could be a little darker like fire engine red that would be preferable, or even the metallic looking red of some of the STi badges.

Archived