LegacyGT.com

Official Knife Thread

Schrei Wolf

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
An axe is technically a knife on the end of a stick, right?

Any recommendations for a good axe?

was looking at these... but $300 is a lot for an axe.

http://i.imgur.com/2XCpQLx.jpg

You should be able to pick up a Gransfors Bruks axe of appropriate size for your needs for about $150-$190 and it should last you the rest of your life with some care. I've had the chance to handle a few of them and would really like to have one.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

^ That's a good looking knife. :)

---

My last two purchases have been pretty boring - a Leatherman Rail and a Multitasker Series 3 (tan, with black serrated blade).

Still debating if I want to be all tacticool and wear a fixed blade on my belt for my first ever AR class. :lol: Simonich custom Combat Raven? or his daughter's MidTech Urban Raven (my daughter would be upset that I used it, though, as I promised this to her....)? Al Mar Warrior? Or should I just own-up to being a total poseur and strap on the Extrema Ratio Col Moschin?

I'll probably just end up just clipping on my old Brock tanto.

Thoughts?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

http://tapatalk.imageshack.com/v2/14/09/25/638f9007bbd00f266e9908d864425d0b.jpg

How do you like it? Do you carry it? I edc'd my Contego only at work because I wore cargo shorts with HUGE pockets, I could fit a bottle of Mountain Dew in them. I love my Contego but I can't justify carrying it outside of work due to its size. I'm really diggin the new fixed blade, but I probably wouldn't put it to much use.

I love the knife, and how thin it is compared to my Adamas and Griptilian. I do carry it, as it replaced my full size S30V Griptilian in my EDC rotation. I ended giving my full size grip to a good friend and coworker. I also have a D2 Mini Griptilian that is the other blade I carry for EDC. It really depends on the situation what I carry but Contego sees a lot of pocket time.

Combat Raven, duh!

I dunno. I'm leery of popping that one out to take care of a hard malfunction on the AR. :lol: Not that I'd ever sell it, but it's got some inherent value.

Maybe that's a good idea, Schrei Wolf - put it to actual use. :wub:

Just kidding, I'm still thinking about getting a SOCP Dagger for reasons. *shifty eyes*

^ Hey, it's cool. You're among friends. :cool::):lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

Wifey and her cousins' families had a weekend off that finally coincided, so we decided to get the kids together and carve some pumpkins.

I know, it's early, but it's really just so that the kids can have some fun.

I brought along my old Chris Reeve Aviator (it's an OD one, c.2003). It's really pretty awesome at the larger cuts - decapitation (making the plug) took me about a quarter of the time that everyone else was struggling through: fast enough that my 6-year-old nephew started jumping up and down yelling about how awesome me and my little knife was. :lol:

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

^ I like the way that looks.

Is the texture grippy?

^ I went the easy way and grip-taped my custom CF-scaled AFCK. :redface:

That knife's been through a lot. Including being lost in my snow-covered driveway for close to three months! :lol:

• 5 months later...

Archived