LegacyGT.com

Looking for some input on my DD LGT

yeah according to the unofficial stage definitions sticky stage 3 would mean a header. Maybe ill call it 2.5 :).......thanks for the input. I will look into having the injectors serviced. FWIW premium pump fuel here is 93 octane. I run shell V-Power exclusively.

According to what you cited, and the common stage definition here, you will be stage 3 with a turbo upgrade.

Stage 3: Stage 2.5 plus upgraded turbo, and stock fuel system

With a 16G, some 740cc side feeds would be just fine if you plan on staying with pump fuel (along with an upgraded fuel pump). You could even get away with an E85 tune if you go with the 850ccs. Top feed conversions are common in the > 1000cc range due to idle issues and other anomalies found with higher flowing side feed injectors.

You've got to get friendly with the search button... one more freebie:

You'll hear anywhere from 520-560. I think your '05s may flow on the low end of that range; again, search to confirm. I just had my '08 injectors serviced and flow tested, they all were either 546 or 547cc/min.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Ha! guess I deserved that. Sorry, but there is such a large volume of information on here that it can take quite a while to sift through all the information vs misinformation vs opinion. My last question would have been a good one for google. sorry guys and thanks for the hep

• 4 months later...

Mods complete and the Waggin Wagon is running like a champ

K&N typhoon intake

BNR 16G

Invidia catless divorced dp

Grimspeed catless up

Cobb boost solenoid

Valve cover gaskets & half moons

Bulletproof TMIC kit

Walbro 255

New oem turbo inlet

Lots of gold on heat shields and TMIC

Tuned

Making 17lbs max, and I'm happy to drive it in the 14lb

Corbin Johnson of Johnson tuning did the final tune. Left some power on the table in the spirit of longevity. Ratios are great. If I can squeeze 90K miles out of this project, fuel rails and new TMIC are next.

http://img.tapatalk.com/d/14/06/11/5ezy3etu.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Passenger side had a slight leak, enough to make the nice burnt oil smell. A compression test, on a 100K+ on the clock car that only cost $9000 would guarantee three things, 1 everything is fine , or 2 everything is not fine, 3 more money out of pocket.

Sometimes the car just needs to be driven . I don't hoon all over the place like a child all day. I just like to have power on the highway when I need it.

Got a nice thick folder full of oil change invoices with the car when I bought it. Well taken care of. No indication of any problems whatsoever during tune. I seriously doubt I will ever be doing 90mph in 3rd gear again lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Since you've already modded, at this point the results of a compression test would likely be moot. Really, the idea is to get that test before you slap a bigger turbo, injectors, etc and ask more out of the motor. At the very least you would've known which route to go: save for a new motor or forge ahead down the mod path.

Guess you'll find out soon enough whether or not you've got a healthy motor.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

• 9 months later...
Updated 10K miles into mods and all is well. Spent some money at the body shop and got rid of scratches and door dings. Spent even more money at the alignment shop/infamous February sale. New bushings all the way around and Cusco front and rear sway bars & links. New commute is 40 minutes of winding state highway

Archived