LegacyGT.com

Free custom grille for GT.

BRP800

You can get a free custom grille if you are in the Winston/Salem, or Charlotte area. A manufacturer of custom grilles need a 2005 Legacy GT for an hour or so to make a template of the grille so he can sell a custom grille made out of a large choice of materials and colors.

The first person that contacts Info@GrilleGuy.com and arranges an appointment will get a grille of his choice, free-of-charge. This is an honest, no strings attached deal. Both parties can benefit. I don't have the phone number but you should be able to trace it down through the Web, or send him an e-mail. :)

Sorry, too late for the free prototype grille. The templates have been made and grilles should be available. Don't have the price but it should reasonable.

damn - i am in Charlotte RIGHT NOW... but will be leaving in the next hour or so.--- had i known you were looking i would have made plans to stop by.

actually i wouldnt have done you much good though, as i've got the JDM grill installed on my car right now and that would suck if you used it as a mold. (every grill you made would have the crappy fitment issues.)

Guest *Jedimaster*
Legacy GT owners are more car enthusiasts than the average Outback owners. Outbacks are bought by guys with kayaks and bikes on the roof. Custom body stuff is not in there lingo.

Bad n00bie. Now check yourself. And check your spelling too.

Legacy GT owners are more car enthusiasts than the average Outback owners. Outbacks are bought by guys with kayaks and bikes on the roof. Custom body stuff is not in there lingo.

LOL PWND

Send him a e-mail and ask him. Might be sufficient to make a pattern,don't know. Hate to see you pay all the freight, but if he accepts your offer he'll send you a new grills of your choice of material and color, and return your OEM grille.

...send you a new grills of your choice of material and color, and return your OEM grille.

My choice would be python skin in hot pink for the material and colour. That would complement the white wagon NICELY.

What is the new grille going to look like? I already made arangements to send mine.

Go to his website GrilleGuy.com, which is like a catalog and shows all different styles of material. You have a choice aluminum or SS, brushed, or natural, (and I think chromed, not sure) in a variety of mesh sizes and configurations. He makes quality stuff, mainly for Miatas and SUVs.

He will send you back your undamaged OEM grille along with whatever your choice was for your new grille. I don't know how they are mounted but he will copy your OEM mounting and the instructions to install will be as simple as pie.. I would tell him you want the new grille to replce both the center "wing" and the chrome surround, so the new grille will fit in/over the old opening.

If I get a chance I'm going to get powdercoated black in a non-destinct mesh size. Enjoy.:)

• 1 month later...

A template has been made by GrilleGuy.com and Legacy GT grilles should be available in a number of different mesh styles (sizes of holes) and in either silver aluminum (that you can polish yourself, if desired) or a powder coated durable black finish.

I was told there no cutting required on the OEM grille. It must fit over the top of the emblem and wings. Haven't seen one yet.

Don't have the price yet, but it should be very affordable. :)

Guest *Jedimaster*

http://premium1.uploadit.org/cultofthejedi//orly_5.gif

Archived