LegacyGT.com

Will the dealer firx this?

Center counsole passenger side trim huh? Could you get a part number for us off your reciept Sean?! Please! :) Thanks buddy! I just want as much info for these monkeys as possible. Looks like they replaced my ECM (cooling fan issue) with the older version C rather then D which has been out several months... why!!!??? :confused:
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mamma mia!!!

I thought i was the unlucky one - my day old car has this and i thought someone did something fishy before they sold the car to me. Little did i know that this is a birth defect in these cars. Let me run to the garage and try to fix this.

Gary

Mississauga

Canada

Ok it doesn't work for me - looks the piece is made incorrect- the right side is a wee bit shorter or the pins below are messed up that cause the right side to not align. Does SOA know about this stupidity?

http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g116/wingman25/Sooby/DSCN0779.jpg

My reciept says under Parts:

Cover AY IP, PT# 66073AG08AWA

Hope that helps. These guys figured it out pretty quickly, hopefully your dealerships will follow suit.

Best of luck! :)

-Sean

You're awesome man! I'll take it in again and see what they say... Round 3, FIGHT! :D

Wingman - Yeah, it's a birth defect. :) Is your car still under warranty? You can take it in with the part number posted above and see what they say.

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Oh, when you said someone I thought you meant a first owner not a dealership. :) Anyways, make sure when you get your car back to check out the silver trim piece that runs up the side of the console, from your center console to the top of the dash on the right. What we're noticing is that when they get the shifter bezel piece to line up with the HVAC piece, they're pushing the outer trim piece away from it in order to do this. This leaves a gap then between the shifter bezel and trim piece but a flush connection with the bezel and HVAC pieces. When hot/cold weather comes into play, or any pressure is exerted on the bezel piece, it just pops back out again and goes back to the normal "birth defect" stage. Good luck! :D

Same happend here. Noticed the gap brought it in to the dealer and they said it was a warped peice. One hour after they replaced the warped peice I noticed it was sitting high. Put some weight on it and it popped down and looked worse then the first peice. Gonna try that part number and see what they say.

Well just got back from the dealer wrote down the part # and it brought up the whole section on the side of the shifter. Goes from the middle of the car all the way up to the dash. The mechanic looked upset that I wanted them to try that peice because it looked like a fun one to install. He was like oh no its that whole peice. Then he asked if I wanted him to order it or he could just put some foam under it so it stayed up. I told him I would rather have it fixed right since its under warranty. So that means I get to leave my car at the dealer again and inconvenience my friends with a ride to and from work since they don't give loaner cars. what a PITA!! Had to buy a TDC tune to get rid of the stutter now what do i have to do to fix the interior. Remind me why I bought a new car again? Oh yeah so I wouldn't have to fix anymore problems. and they say GM is a POS. My GTP was old so I expected problems.

Can you maybe take a pic of the piece...like take a pic, and use paint or something to circle it. I just don't want to go there and be like...um, its this part number...I don't know what it looks like, but this is causing the issue.

Here's one from my other thread. I circled the gap in red and the new piece we're talking about (passenger side trim) in green. It's the long wood (for taupe interiors) or silver (for black interiors) piece. Let me know what they do for you bradlgt21. Thanks for being our next guinea pig! :D

Shift1.JPG.25d4b60eb0b7638b01d977ff102d7edd.JPG

The first time they bought a new bezel piece and that didnt fix it. They then ordered me a new piece to clip the bezel into, and it worked perfectly. The receipt says "Replaced center console side trim piece.

-Sean

Ahhh, ok. :) When he stated the center console trim piece I thought that the piece I circled was it. :iam: So, do you know where that piece is? Could you circle the piece then or at least explain a bit better so we all know where it is? Thanks!:icon_bigg

its not the wood trim part. Its the part the wood trim peice clips into. It's also the peice that the shifter panel sits on. At least thats they showed me on the screen.actually I don't know if its gonna fix it. I looked yesterday and mine looked in pretty good shape. We will find out. If it doesn't work I will just have the guy put some foam or rubber underneath it to hold it level like he already offered to do.

Updates? I have 500 miles left till my oil change and I'm hoping to have some clues to give them when I go in to get this all fixed! :)

My god that is a SEXY thing to SEE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :lol: Three cheers for Sean and Brad!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEESSSSSSSSS!!!!! :D :D :D Can't... wait... to... go... see... dealer!!! :) Thanks so much you guys. Again, I love this site.

Could you do ONE more thing for us? Post a dealer name and number so that I can give them a reference number to talk to? PLEASE? :) Thanks!

EDIT: Here is Sean's dealer, Reynold's Subaru, # in Lyme, CT: 1-800-899-0028 (USA). Now if we get Brad's dealer and number we can have two dealers to back us up. Sounds like a big job so I wouldn't doubt if they balk at first to do such a job. ;)

VVVVV +1 what psu says! Tech name or something to identify your car was worked on with that part... :)

Archived