LegacyGT.com

Will the dealer firx this?

I had the trim around the shifter replaced a few months ago, but no difference. I was almost resolved to live with it til I saw this thread. My dealer just ordered the above part number for me! I should have it fixed in a week or two.

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
my dealer is subaru of schaumburg. 847-884-6000. But they just followed suit. I brought in the printout and part # and told them this is a common thing and this is the fix. They ordered it and installed it and sure enough it worked.

Hey guys, glad this piece is working for others as well!

The guys at my dealer did the job pretty quickly without any reservations, so I doubt it is too difficult.

I'd get some photos for you of the exact piece but I don't want to start unclipping things and risk breaking anything. Plus I really don't know which piece it is.

I hope that everyone can get this fixed, it really is a stupid problem to have, and it looks so much better when its done properly. Maybe we can sticky this or something with the part # and the names of dealers who willingly fixed it so that other members have something to show reluctant dealerships.

-Sean

I'll PM a mod... see what we can do cause I think this a bigger problem then we know. It took me forever to find this one because the piece is so hard to properly name. Shifter xxxxxx, or surround xxxxxx, or bezel xxxxxx, it's just hard to pinpoint. Good idea Sean, let's see if we can help some others! :D
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Please pardon the interruption, gentlemen.... :)

I've been "tracking" this issue in my own little way as it has involved some conversations between me and other brothers/sisters here on LGT - but since I do not suffer from this particular problem, I just want to get the facts straight before I start pointing out "solutions" to others who might be new here. ;)

The piece currently cited as being the root-cause of your woes is quoted by brother bradlgt21 in post #69:

its not the wood trim part. Its the part the wood trim peice clips into. It's also the peice that the shifter panel sits on.

And is part number 66073AG08AWA, correct?

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

yes they showed me the screen when the ordered it. That side peice. Its taupe on my car and the mechanic said its where the wood trim clips into and the shifter suround sits on. Thats why the mechanic didn't think it would work. He said "well that doesn't make sense because thats just the peice the shifter surround sits on" Well it made sense to me. Somehow that peice gets out of wack on it makes the surround for the shifter sit wrong and sag. replace that part and it fits like a glove.

Please pardon the interruption, gentlemen.... :)

And is part number 66073AG08AWA, correct?

TSi: Hey there buddy! Welcome to my second home! :lol: I'm still not sure either but I believe Brad summed it up best. I talked to rclark and he suggested we start a whole new thread with the P/N right there in the first post with a picture. Do you want me to go ahead and start it or would you like to start it with your eloquent writing and vast knowledge? :icon_bigg You're good at these things and you know it!:) Let me knonw, cause I want to make sure everyone sees this. Too many people already gave up. I'm posting in Opie's thread to get the exact name of the part so we can better describe it. Later!

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

^ ROFL! :lol::D

No, no, someone else please start the new, official stickie thread! :) Besides, we'll need a mod to "stickie."

My verbal diarrhea will probably confuse more members and outside lurkers/readers than is good for the community! :lol:

<-- I love Winky, my "periwinkle" (ABP) LGT! - Allen / Usual Suspect "DumboRAT" / One of the Three Stooges

'16 Outback, '16 WRX, 7th Subaru Family

Brad: Is it one of the pieces below? I want to make sure I post the right picture. Or is it neither? I thought you said it was one we couldn't see but then I saw a mention of a taupe piece... hmmm, I'm confused as usual! :D Let me know! :)

Side1.JPG.3cfa20792592b6357550867522aa6fe0.JPG

Side2.JPG.38a9244cde5ee71b8d9555ba5b1419cd.JPG

yeah that first picture summarizes it perfectly. its the part in taupe you outlined that goes from the glove box to the arm rest. wood trim sits on top of it. And yes according to the mechanic it is a biatch to replace. But thats what warranties are for.

confirmed...that is the piece on my car. It must have been warped somehow. I went out to my car, and opened up the ashtray/cigarette lighter compartment. I then pushed up on the bezel to make the gap disappear, then I added side pressure on that piece that is highlighted in post #85. I then stopped holding up the bezel, and voila, while pressure is being applied on the side, the piece stays, and no gap is present. When I release side pressure, it droops again. Either that piece was messed up when the dealer installed the STS, or it just warped at some point. Regardless, I am going to go to the dealer sometime this week to get this piece ordered, and this damn thing fixed!

NEW THREAD IS UP!!! Thanks to Sean for getting that P/N!!! :D Let's start posting over there in the new thread from now on. For those not part of this until now here is where further discussion will take place:

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34328

Archived