LegacyGT.com

Replaced all plugs and coils, still getting 13mpg

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone suggest intake manifold gaskets?
300k miles, BNR 16g, CryoTune, 'Bullet-Proofed' IC, Motor rebuild @ 250k b/c of a cracked exhaust valve. Original 5 EAT. Oil changed religiously @ 3,000 mi.

The only way you can get the FL232RL chip set to work is with older driver. Can't remember what number it is. But if you do some very hard search its out there..

Yeah the the drivers were a PITA to install but I got the computer to recognize the cable but RR wouldn't connect to the car.

Something that I've started to notice recently is a gassy smell outside the car and I checked my tailpipes for excessive build up and I noticed a slight wisp of smoke while it was idling, I think I'm burning oil, I did check my oil levels and they're OK (it's been just over 1000 miles since my oil change) I really hope it's not my piston rings.

Edit: I just had a thought, I had the screens in the banjo bolts removed, could this be happening because I'm over oiling my turbo?

I have a buddy coming out in a couple weeks to do a compression test for me.

I've had my turbo banjo screens removed for 5k miles with no issues. The turbo banjo bolt (one that is on the turbo itself) has a built in restrictor. Also it's very hard to over oil a journal bearing turbo.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

Stop flooring it everywhere.

Love the typical non useful advise. Not all gas mileage issues are related to flooring the car.

I get 16mpg driving like a grandma, and 14mpg driving it like I like driving. But because I drive 100% city with low MPH's gas mileage suffers.

05 LGT 16G 14psi 290whp/30mpg (SOLD)

12 OBP Stock 130whp/27mpg@87 Oct

00 G20t GT28r 10psi 250whp/36mpg

22 Ascent STOCK

• 1 month later...
  • Moderators
Took it to my buddy's shop for a compression test and sure enough it's at 126 psi, way under, so he thinks it's either a valve or a piston ring :(

126 psi is not a bad reading as long as all four cylinders are right around that number. If the rest are at 145 that could indicate an issue.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

• Moderators
yeah unfortunately we don't have time to get to the rest but he said it should be at least 165 and 180 is ideal

Don't think so...

I don't think I've ever heard of an LGT having that compression, more like 145-150.

Again though, consistency is more important that the actual number, so you need to test all four.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Archived