LegacyGT.com

Replaced all plugs and coils, still getting 13mpg

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

FWIW, I was noticing mileage declining and wondered about it. In city driving I owuld be lucky to get 16ish mpg

Recently had front wheel bearing changed and alignment done, and I'm now getting around 20mpg in the city.

I only noticed a very small hum in some corners, but the tech that noticed the bad bearing said he could wiggle the wheel quite a bit.

Guessing my car is outside resetting itself to get 10mpg now that I brought it up...

• 1 month later...
Update: Finally got my car back, they took the heads off and had everything checked out, the valves were bad, oil was getting into my engine and mixing with the gas causing the misfire. They resurfaced the heads, replaced the valves, head gaskets etc. My block was fine thankfully and now she's running like a champ, gonna go easy on er for about 700 miles for the break in. Thanks everyone for the advice! I plan on doing a turbo inlet and rear sway bar next.

~3800 the heads were sent off to someone else, he told me he was the best in Atlanta and it was worth the wait. He also gave me everything at cost because I've been going there for so long so that was nice.

I'm actually working 2 jobs now (partly) to pay it off

Edit: I hate driving like this, I'm itching to give it the beans...

Archived