LegacyGT.com

How to disconect fuel lines in engine bay

The first time I did this, I pushed in on the inner disk (green I believe) with a flathead screwdriver/needle nose pliers while pulling on the metal clamp. Both lines popped off without too much trouble.

Last time however, they would not come off, no matter what I did. Ended up grinding off the clamps and replacing the line and clamp upon install. Hopefully you don't have to go through that.

Just remove them from the shock tower by removing the screw clamp, much easier. That's what I did.

Make sure you have relived the fuel pressure first.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

This is important, because if you don't, fuel will spray out when you disconnect.

That's also why you wrap the hose end with a rag.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

I found it a lot easier and faster at the fuel line connections using this tool. Takes about a min to do.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_12488.jpg

My wife's balls are delicious.

That's about how long it took to un-screw the hose clamp on the shock tower. I'm just old school...but we've been down that road before...:rolleyes:

• 1 year later...

You don't need to drain the fuel tank. 2 options..

1) Disconnect the fuel line slowly with some rags underneath it to catch some of the fuel that comes out. There's not a lot fuel that will squirt out, just a little.

2) Pull the fuel pump fuse out and crank the motor over a few time to relieve pressure, then dissconnect.

My wife's balls are delicious.

#2 is the correct way. Only start the engine, it will stall in a few seconds.

Make sure you let the pump prime next time you go to start it.

Old thread but since it pops up once in awhile:

My plastic tools were too wide to fit between the fitting and the bends or mountings.

So I cut 2 slivers of plastic, I used plastic tubing, and slid them in where the tool would release the fitting.

Old thread but since it pops up once in awhile:

My plastic tools were too wide to fit between the fitting and the bends or mountings.

So I cut 2 slivers of plastic, I used plastic tubing, and slid them in where the tool would release the fitting.

^Same here, have like 3 sets in the shop and none really worked-it's real tight, stupid design. You really don't need to pull any fuse. You will not have much pressure, just put rag under it.

http://www.harborfreight.com/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/i/m/image_13067.jpg

These fit between the pipes with no problem. It's the purple one...

Archived