LegacyGT.com

Help me, question about oil leakage

No it's not and I wasn't the one who posted the photo on this thread. I'm assuming the original thread starter has a non turbo charged Legacy.

Sorry Dude. My mistake. :redface:

I'm NOT posting any more on this thread. I've never had to post the redfaced smiley twice in ANY thread....LOL...:lol:

Holy thread hijack...So what happened to the OP ?

Sorry for reply late.

And thank you guys for your reply.

I also found the coolant is empty, I went to the dealer, and bought coolant and filled it in.

I book an appointment already to bring a shop to check where is actually leaking.

I will post the update.

Thanks again guys.

• Moderators
Hi, guys I went to a shop today, the mechanic said it is head gasket leakage.

What's happen if I don't fix it,and keep eye on the oil level.

Thanks advance

I haven't followed this thread, but quick rundown of not changing the HG(s):

It will likely get worse. If there's any coolant leaking the gasket will continue to degrade at a faster rate due to corrosion. If you have coolant that's also leaking into your cylinders your engine will corrode from the inside out and you'll be looking at more work for an engine rebuild down the road instead of just headgasket(s) right now.

Oh, and you'll probably forget to top things off at one point or another or the problem will escalate rapidly and you won't notice it and you'll cause more damage to the motor.

Others certainly know more about this than I do and will hopefully chime in as well.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

If the job is done right, having the head checked for flatness or at least a clean up pass made to falatten it. That side should be good for years.

No one is going to guaranty the other side.

I'm sure the engine will be coming out to do this job. Do both HG's.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

• Moderators
yup, if engine comes out you may want to consider doing both sides--additional cost probably isn't that much. Also consider your timing belt, idler pulleys, and waterpump while you're there depending on mileage.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Also ask them if the make sure the deck and the head are flat.

You don't want them to put the heads back on only to have another leak down the road.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Also ask them if the make sure the deck and the head are flat.

You don't want them to put the heads back on only to have another leak down the road.

Thank you

What's that mean, the deck and the head are flat?

Also, I know my vehicle is 8 years old, and has 180k kms on it, I don't know a lot about the car, so, except water pump, engine gasket, timing belt, coolant, what else parts that I need to concern to replace in the future?

Thanks

The deck is referring to the block surface where the head sits. The head itself must be flat also.

Look around the forum at engine builds. You'll see pictures before and after of the surfaces.

• 7 months later...

Archived