LegacyGT.com

Legacy STi, finally here

GeorgeB

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
you can find the prices on that link, they are in jap currency though.

okay, what's the MSRP for the car? I know what all the prices are on the parts....I listed many in my first post. I am adept at translating these pages with my friend Babelfish, but I saw no MSRP in Yen ('jap' is not a good term to use, by the way...it's offensive to many).

MSRP in Japan, Legacy B4 Sedan

5mt models: 3.78 million yen (after tax)

5a/t models: 3.85 million yen (after tax)

MSRP in Japan, Legacy Wagon

5mt models: 3.91 million yen (after tax)

5a/t models: 3.99 million yen (after tax)

Price of a base Legacy GT B4 sedan is roughly 2.74 million yen, going off what I paid for my car. It may have gone up a bit (or down a bit) since then.

Sportswagon "tuned by STi" price is pretty close to that of the S401 Legacy!

Cheers,

Paul Hansen

http://www.avoturboworld.com | http://www.sevenphotos.com | http://www.scoobymag.com

sorry , YEN :) i'm not a native english speaker so be patient with me please.

jap = japonese, i mean no disrespect btw, it's just that i have a broken arm , and i type with only 1 arm :( i cut some words because of lack of time. sorry again.

B4 5MT : 3 780 000

B4 5AT : 3 853 000

SW 5MT : 3 916 500

SW 5AT : 3 990 000

http://www.subaru-sti.co.jp/LEGACY/catalog/equipment/03/index.html

Well, the good news is that even in Japan, there are some limits to warrantees - and I can tell you that in the past, cars with "by STI" such as the S series cars have had <very> "limited" coverage. Unless things have changed, I expect that has not changed...

Since the handling has been downgraded on the later versions of the JDM Legacy, I bet it stops, turns and jigs better than any current std car (not difficult really). The dampers are adjustable in 4 steps, springs are upgraded too. That alone should get it back near or above the original A revision car (which would kick the a55 of any of the later cars in handling terms, and stops shorter too). Since the rear cans don't really add any performance that we could tell, most of the benefits are going to be from the suspenders and brakes.

At high speeds those aero bits, will, of course help some as they make the nose zero lift. The trunk lip spoiler takes the B4 rear axle to the being just about lift neutral at high speeds too.

For the moeny demanded, one has to wonder how many will be sold - they are seriously spendy!! <IMHO of course>

If it comes here, SOA will probably force you to get a beige leather interior with either of the blue ones :rolleyes:

LOL you're right.

Lucky me though I like that combo. :D The subaru black looks blue to me, but so did audi's of the late 90's. Must have something wrong with my eyes.

Paul, theoretically, if we DID want to purchase the seats

a) How much would it cost (including shipping)

b) Would they work in the US system without causing Airbag problems or whatever.

c) Would they work in a US wagon?

Thanks!

-Allen

If it comes here, SOA will probably force you to get a beige leather interior with either of the blue ones :rolleyes:

Beige leather??? hahahahh it's just tacky, but I guess once this car is made here, and people here like beige (something you don't see in Japan or Europe btw)

:lol::lol::lol:

Flavio Zanetti

Boston, MA

every single part on those cars is available through the STi catalog.

I think the 2.5 Litre at Stage 1 is a better setup than the 2.0 litre as described here. Nothing special here (same drivetrain as the Forester STi in Asia). They need to offer the 6-speed manual with the 300HP 2.5L, period. Now THAT would be an STi Legacy.

I think the 2.5 Litre at Stage 1 is a better setup than the 2.0 litre as described here. Nothing special here (same drivetrain as the Forester STi in Asia). They need to offer the 6-speed manual with the 300HP 2.5L, period. Now THAT would be an STi Legacy.

Make it a turbo charged H6 with 350hp :D

ANOTHER WR BLUE JDM edition???

I'd buy the damn thing just for the paint, the rest would be a nice bonus.

Other than that, I'll build the equal or better than that car myself. It does seem to be a catalog car. 7k rpm I believe is common to the 2.0 Twin-scroll, and almost every other boxer, besides the USDM 2.5T in the Legacy GT.

BUUUUUUT, since SOA won't sell me what I want to buy... I have to choose.

05-06 Black on black GT Limited 5MT sedan with the 06 USDM Spec B's red leather interior added.

OR

05 RBP on Black GT Limited 5MT sedan, with blue alcantara inserts and red stitching in the seats, and door panels. Somewhat like the 04 JDM WR Limited GT Spec B.

Now, if somebody would mold up some replacements for the console and door trims with black or silver carbon fiber pieces... that would be slick.

Performance wise, I figure a setup like PDXTuning, with a nice big turbo, FMIC, etc. I would love to see somebody fab a top mount airbox to replace the TMIC, when going to a FMIC setup.

To round out the mods: Borla headers, good up and down pipes for the turbo, a single high-flow cat, and nice open cat-back exhaust, coil overs and sway bars, Brembo brakes, and nice BBS rims with good tires. A 6MT from a OZ Legacy 3.0R Spec B would be nice, but very hard to come by in the US.

A few nice STi bits, maybe even the WRX STi's red crinkle-painted valve covers, etc. And some mild STi badging to go along with it, and a K2 Riez (M5-look) body kit. Yep, that is the ticket for me, until or unless Subaru execs pull their collective heads out...

I love that car!! I've been craving an LGT for awhile now & would love to get one like that here in the states. I am curious to know why none of their sedans here in the states come equipped with the rear windshield wiper. Personally, I think it's a great idea, but I just don't see them here.

My goal for my LGT is to make it a LGT STi, by switching the intercooler, intake, and tubro VF34. Making 300+whp and a big big smile.

I got 305/350 at the crank and I didnt swap anything.

I use to have an STI before I traded it in on a Legacy.

I think a stage 2 legacy will pull on a stock STI.

I feel that the VF40 and the current IC are far superior to the VF34 and STI IC.

BTW there is no way you will make 300 @ the wheels with a VF34.

I do however see the novelty behind swapping out the IC, turbo and Manifold.

Just my 2 cents.

Archived