LegacyGT.com

sti trans swap...

ive been looking for a thread with an sti 6mt swap in 2005 lgt, but no luck. from what i can see its the same block, so it should be the same bell housing. can anyone confirm this? and has any one done it? and is there a cross reference for lgt to sti?

if all goes well, i plan on STI 6mt-short throw shifter-stage 3 or 4 clutch.

any thoughts on the clutch? its my daily driver for now but i want the performance too.

yeah why do you need a stage 3 or 4 clutch what kind of power are you running ? you dont want something that aggressive for a DD and you can bolt a 6mt to the motor as they are the same basically. someone will have to chime in if you will need a new rear diff or not ? im not positive. get a ACT HD clutch you wont be dissapointed.
KMT Tuned

This has been covered many times, however while it will bolt on it's never been done without a problem here or there. It's by no means a straight 'swap'.

Lol wut? It's a pretty straight forward swap. Trans, axles, r180 rear end, shifter linkage, dccd controller. Just stop.

See the transmission sub forum for all your six speed needs

Lol wut? It's a pretty straight forward swap. Trans, axles, r180 rear end, shifter linkage, dccd controller. Just stop.

See the transmission sub forum for all your six speed needs

Am I mistaken what I read from mike on the matter? Otherwise you just sound like an ass.

Read here - http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/2010-sti-6-speed-transmission-swap-into-2005-legacy-2-210070.html

if you buy a clutch for the street. the act hd-ss is the perfect performance clutch and is also very streetable with very little/no chatter.

do not buy 6/4 puck discs.

also 6 speed uses the same bellhousing as all other subarus so it will mate up but is expensive/time consuming to get set up correctly to run like oem.

I recently installed this clutch from ACT: http://www.advancedclutch.com/sb10-hdr6.

Fantastic streetability. You would never know it was an unsprung 6-puck.

Clutches I've had on my car: Exedy stage1, Comp Clutch stage 3, Exedy sprung twin disc, ACT sb10-hdr6. So far, my favorite is the ACT.

I'm on my second Spec stgIII clutch (6-puck) and love them. The first lasted around 43k, and the second is at 30k and feels good as new.

It is hard to engage (I still stall occasionally) and the pedal-pressure required is high. But these are compromises I expect given that it handles 371whp/378wtq driven in a very spirited manner.

• 3 weeks later...

first im sorry its been so long in between post. its been a hell of a month at work.

thanks to everyones in put. from all of your feed back and a lot of reading ive decided to stick with the 5MT even though it is a SIMPLE SWAP. im just worried about it holding up. im pushing just under 300 now and plan on gaining another 50-100! but thats when i wont have to have it as my daily driver.

burba88-ive heard alot of god things about the ACT HD clutch. is that what your running? and where are you as in HP?

frank_ster-i wouldnt want a 5eat even if it could take more power. i love stick...NO HOMO..LOL! anyway, where did you find the specs on the 5eat showing it could take more power? anyone please correct me if im wrong, but ive always believed thet MT could take way more of a beating then automatic. i guess it would just humor me to see the specs.

latentwagan- LMFAO! i learned how to dodge bullets from the matrix, so no worrys there..LOL! that is funny though, i never noticed that. shute is my last name..

Thanks again to everyone! you guys kick ASS! always love the feedback from the people who have been there and done it!

Archived