LegacyGT.com

Am I off my rocker?

The Lotus isn't reliable. Of the three cars.

1. S2000

2. Miati

3. Elise

The service is going to kill him if he goes Lotus.

I have first hand knowledge of behind the dealerships "We rarely see that issue" on the motors.

Well you guys are talking about him sinking money into a Miata to upgrade it. The S2000 is already upgraded :) If he has $4k plus is dropping another $4k into track prep that's an S2k. And people are going on about how Miata's are faster. They aren't stock for stock, and they aren't even faster boost to stock S2k.

The miles probably matter less then the condition of the car. I'd be getting somethings checked out.

Will you be upgrading the car?

For a track car only I'd consider a salvaged titled that's been properly rebuilt too.

You know, reading all of your spew, I have come to the conclusion that you really don't know anything at all. You have opinions about EVERYTHING but you can't back up anything you say with any kind of facts at all and everyone on these forums knows that you do nothing yourself to your vehicles. You are a hypocritical blowhard that loves to see his posts up there.

The part that you can't seem to understand is that EVERYONE knows who YOU are and what you're about. Your entire goal is to create controversy by disagreeing with whatever anyone says. Then you begin with the opinions and vitriol and no ass to back it. You have no experience in anything and it shows.

Get out of your parent's basement and find a job. Then go find someone that can actually teach you about cars. I think you could start your own thread and put 3 or 4 posts in it and tell every single thing you know about cars in general and maybe one of the posts would be 3 lines about LGT.

I have a 2004 Mazdaspeed Miata. Thing is a riot. I've had an STI among other small sports cars and the miata, while isn't nearly as fast, is just as fun. I have been driving my miata for so long that I almost wreck every time I drive anyone else's car because i'm so used to weighing 5 pounds and not having to slow down to turn!

Depends what you are wanting, if its a track car then yes get an NA miata (body code). If you want something to drive regularly get an NB or NC, they are greatly improved. Huge aftermarket support for all of them...mine is for sale btw ;-)

Why not both?

I have an 05 GT and a 05 Mazdaspeed Miata. Both awesome cars. . . I wouldn't want to DD the Miata. . . or an S2k for that matter. Nice having a turbo car that doubles as a 4 seat grocery getter.

For under $4k you're probably gonna be stuck with a decent NA or a shitty NB. . . but lots of potential for either. . .and like Subies a lot of parts interchange between years. Tons of info over on http://www.miata.net.

• I Donated
From talking to OP yesterday I think his plan is to find a 1.8 NA and slowly build it over the winter, hopefully to have it done, turbo'd and tuned for the spring. Looking to get the car for under 3k and then upgrades will be purchased after that. I told him that the car is tons of fun without the turbo but if that's what tickles his pickle then to go for it.

Yeah, I have friends that race Miatas as well as convert some of them to Exocets. A non-turbo Miata is still fun as crap, easy to work on, parts everywhere, etc.

Most of the $2500-3500 Miatas I see are 130-190K cars, some have recent work, generally the seats are always ripped, some have a few mods, but a bunch of them are 100% bone stock. I plan to build an Exocet at some point, it is on my 2 year plan but I have to sell this 06 LGT first, and maybe another car or two.

The Lotus isn't reliable. Of the three cars.

1. S2000

2. Miati

3. Elise

The service is going to kill him if he goes Lotus.

Nice list, but how many of those cars do you have direct experience with?

That Lotus you put at the bottom is powered by the most reliable engine of the three :lol:

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

Archived