LegacyGT.com

2007 Legacy front?

iyamdman

I got this Subi mag in Taiwan, and it show 2 photos of the new Impreza front - figure that the 2007 Legacy front will look something like these:

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/2006-WRX-2-s.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y165/iyamdman/2006-WRX-1-s.jpg

You know what? The first pic with the hood contours running up off the grill and headlights, it looks kinda good. BUT with the seond pic, it looks like one FLAT hood piece and reminds me of a Hyundai/Kia or something like it. As long as the hood has definitve lines, it takes away some of the focus from the grill design IMHO.
Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

Didn't they just get away from the bug eyed look? That has to be one of the worst looking fronts I have seen on a car in awhile. I've said it before and I'll say it again... since when did Subaru start taking styling tips from Suzuki?

http://foreignmotors.com/Suzuki/images/Forenza_Blue.jpg

“Cleanliness becomes more important as godliness becomes more unlikely.”

O C D E T A I L S . C O M

OCDETAILS BLOG

You know what? The first pic with the hood contours running up off the grill and headlights, it looks kinda good. BUT with the seond pic, it looks like one FLAT hood piece and reminds me of a Hyundai/Kia or something like it. As long as the hood has definitve lines, it takes away some of the focus from the grill design IMHO.

the contours are there -- just hard to see from the head on -- check out the pictures in this thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17048

the contours are there -- just hard to see from the head on -- check out the pictures in this thread:

http://www.legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php?t=17048

Yeah, I know what you mean, but those are the STi's with big hood scoops and thus take away from the flat hood look anyway. I guess I'll just have to wait and see what a 2.5i looks like all on it's lonesome first.:)

Please PM joeleodee For All Site Questions. He is the acting Admin and can resolve anything related to LegacyGT.com

I think the grill is stupid but it works. They are going to change the front of the Legacy next year.

The design is supposed to represent FHI's history in airplanes or something. But the fact is they hired the head designer from Alfa Romeo who has been implementing that design for years.

Wow, now that I see that head-on picture, I have to agree that this look is pretty bad. Just when subaru seems to be getting it together, too. They finally figured out how to do a classy interior (in the legacy anyway), they have the performance (although some lean farther toward sport is warrented, moving them away from their middle of the road stance), and now they are going to take the ugly impreza and make it uglier.

The Legacy GT is finally good looking agian, after 5 years of bleacch, and with this grill, it may well be over for subaru.

SUZ-ARU

More like what has been said for a while about the 9-2X. The front looks more like the front of a Saab with the center section flipped upside-down. So it think its still Saabaru, but hey its kinda fugly either way, thank god for body kits!

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

======snipped

The Legacy GT is finally good looking agian, after 5 years of bleacch, and with this grill, it may well be over for subaru.

The best point anyone could possibly make.

The Sube company has a wicked case of hubris maximus.

I know I'll be looking at other badges when the time comes if they stick that schnoz across the product lineup.

i dunno, i see it, at least on the head on shot. No complaints about the wagon though.

http://redstoneautosales.com/photos/smimages/Picture%20553.jpg

iuksob03 - :lol: Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't saying it didn't look like it, I had just never thought of the comparison and it made me laugh. I do see it in a way when you show the headlights like that.:dm:

I hope this isn't true...but I know that it will happen. It's a real shame, the Legacy/Outback has been out since 2004 and already getting a major refresh. I was choosing between this and a G35 for 2007 or 2008, but now it looks like it will be a G35.

I really like this car, test drove a loaded Outback last night. The ride was excellent and the steering was better than any other car I have driven. My wife has a 2004 Forester XT which has had 0 recalls and only 3 TSB (none of which are major). Wish I was in the market today, because I would pick up a 2005/2006 Legacy. The loss of the 5MT was hard, but I thought it might be back in 2007...now this. Thumbsdown Subaru.

I think the grill is stupid but it works. They are going to change the front of the Legacy next year.

The design is supposed to represent FHI's history in airplanes or something. But the fact is they hired the head designer from Alfa Romeo who has been implementing that design for years.

Actually, the fugly approach is not new to subaru :D They only have a few production years where the legacy or the impreza look good, and IMO the years 1999 - 2004 are not among them. I was hoping for a trend toward attractive subarus was developing, but maybe not :mad:

Archived