LegacyGT.com

Specs for OEM battery

I think the battery is giving in after 7 years. I whant to do a test on it but I can't finde the specs for it.

It's Panasonic 65d23L and google has not given me anything.

http://static.baza.farpost.ru/v/1302092407976_bulletin

what country are you in?? That sure doesn't look like a USDM part. At least, the battery on my 06 LGT that I bought in 07 has a much different battery.

Here the battery is a battery size/code 35 -- In warmer climates, I think it's around 650 CCA and in the colder climates it's around 750 CCA

The FSM talks about a type and capacity code 5HR - no idea what that is.

The MT models have a 48AH capacity and the AT models a 52AH

The picture the OP posted is the factory US battery. Some Subarus come with a Deka battery, but most have that Panisonic unit in them.

Mine didn't. I don't recall what brand it was when I changed it last fall but it was definitely not the same as the one in the photo.

Mine didn't. I don't recall what brand it was when I changed it last fall but it was definitely not the same as the one in the photo.

You may have had a Deka. All black case?

I like to cook my pets and my family.

Use commas. Don't be a psycho.

You may have had a Deka. All black case?

I used to be a rep for Deka batteries and wire and I know what they look like but it wasn't a Deka for sure. Mine had a yellow top if I recall correctly. It's been a while now and I figured that it had gone way beyond it's useful life (generally batteries are truly good for about 42-48 months-after that they begin to lose their CCA capacity and eventually the plates disintegrate enough to cause it to not hold a charge anymore and then it's poofed) so I just replaced it.

I always buy batteries at Autozone because if you're on the road away from home, one thing you can count on is that you can find an Autozone fairly easily if it fails and you need a warranty replacement.

EDIT: And I did buy the car new in 2004, so, at least from what I know, unless the dealer changed it for some reason, it was the OE battery.

Based off his earlier posts, I believe the OP is from Iceland.

The oem battery in my legacy was a group 85 battery, I could've sworn other US legacies were group 85 as well. Most people go with group 35 when they replace the oem group 85 battery because the sizes are very similar, and that's what places like autozone and advance auto parts list in their system. With group 35, you get a higher reserve capacity, more cranking amps, and more cca's. I think I read some people saying that group 35 batteries are a tight fit, so I stuck with group 85 when I replaced my battery.

Archived