LegacyGT.com

Worst and Best Car you have ever Driven

Worst was 1960 Renault Dauphine. Frame was so weak, I could get it to flex up and down in the middle by simply lifting real hard on the steering wheel.

Best is my moderately modified 310 WHP 2005 Legacy GT. A retired race car for the street.:)

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I learned to drive in a Hyundai excel. I once hit 60mph. It was the most terrifying thing I ever did.

I fortunately never owned one. They were popular first used car for my peers/friends when I got my license because you buy one for $1000 for a 4 or 5 year old model and their was a ton of them on the used car market. Resale value was horrible; they lost like 80% in 4 years. Yugo were suppose to be even worse but nobody bought them, so they were rare.

Best 2006 legacy gt and 2007 g35 sport

Honorable mention goes to a 2006 Mini Cooper JCW that thing was just a blast.

Worst, 2010 Dodge Avenger, the car was massive but managed to be horribly cramped and uncomfortable on the inside.

Brought to you by Pfizer

The worst car I've personally driven was a Chevy Aveo rental. I was overseas and had to make a seven hour drive with it. Regardless of all the fiddling and adjusting, I just could not get the seat in the correct driving position. I have long legs, so either I couldn't operate the pedals properly, or I was holding the steering wheel from quite a ways away (no telescoping). I can forgive the terrible acceleration and all those general beefs -- but I felt like a sardine in a can for seven hours, and that absolutely sucked.

The "best" car is debatable. I've been fortunate to have friends who are even more fortunate than I. So from a purely spec/price point of view, it'd have to be a brand-new 911 Carrera 4S. But I was afraid as hell to do anything even remotely serious with the car since my friend was (rightfully) extremely paranoid, so...

I'd have to say it was another friend's Audi RS4 with Tubi Rumore exhausts. He is a more adventurous kind of guy, so even though I put the car through its paces somewhat, my kind of driving was nothing compared to how he handled the car. So even though I didn't do anything super-crazy, I had a much more relaxed driving experience, and those Tubi Rumores sound like the Ride of the Valkyries pretty much everywhere you go, so it was instant love :wub:

I've owned 11 cars in my 15 years of driving; worst car I've ever driven has to be an AMC Eagle...although I obviously admire the 4wd theory, Subaru did a much better job with execution. A close 2nd worst is 2005 Nissan Frontier 4x4--repair nightmare.

The best is definitely the 2005 Subaru OBXT 5MT (soon to be stage 1) I'm driving now--I don't think we'll see such a nice blend of speed, comfort, luxury, AWD, roominess/utility again :(

Archived