LegacyGT.com

Worst and Best Car you have ever Driven

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Nils, have you ever driven anything on the street with a swing axle?

It's... interesting.

[URL="http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/proper-flip-key-interesti-159894.html"]Flip Key Development Thread[/URL] "Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." - E. Hubbard

I owned a '64 Cortina for about a year. Plan A was a 302 Ford/ T5, plan B was a 2.3 Ford turbo/ T5.

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Cortina/Frontsmall5-06.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y185/RodanAZ/Cortina/5-15-06Right1.jpg

I never got going on it, because I couldn't come up with a way to upgrade the front suspension to the level I wanted (without going full tube frame). Cortinas are VERY narrow...

I ended up selling it to a guy who got it running pretty much stock, and to my knowledge is still enjoying it today. No significant rust, BTW...

Actually the green is the color of the green stripe on the original Lotus Cortinas, a little lighter than BRG. It is a Lotus badge, but the car was not an original Lotus Cortina. If it was, I'd still have it... ;)

I have thought about a diesel conversion, but that's a LONG way down the road, if it ever happens. If it does, it would be an early Cummins 6cyl. Heresy in a Ford, but a great motor nonetheless.

• 3 weeks later...
Actually the green is the color of the green stripe on the original Lotus Cortinas, a little lighter than BRG. It is a Lotus badge, but the car was not an original Lotus Cortina. If it was, I'd still have it... ;)

I have thought about a diesel conversion, but that's a LONG way down the road, if it ever happens. If it does, it would be an early Cummins 6cyl. Heresy in a Ford, but a great motor nonetheless.

Just saw an ad in Motorsport Magazine for a Lotus Cortina with a significant race history (but not driven by Jim Clark). Went for 120 thousand british pounds at auction. :spin:

• 3 months later...

Worst 1986 pontiac grand am 2.5 5mt

Best toss up 2005 g35 coupe 6mt or 2005 evo viii

All my previous cars.

"It's within spec" - SOA :rolleyes:

"Depth is only shallowness viewed from the side." - Fredism

"So, how much did it cost for your car to be undriveable :lol:." - Stephen (very close friend)

"You have done so much it would be stupid to go back." - Sunny of Guru Electronics

2018Q50RS | 2015WrxThread | Shrek

• 3 weeks later...
Worst was my 87 Olds Firenza best was a Panamera but as far as cars that I would own or want to own id say my most comfy car was a recent test drive of 2011 Toyota Camry 6MT SE. Previous owner had done some suspension work it was a dream, dare I say I might ditch the LGT for one :lol:

Stuff I've actually driven and could live with... top 3 best, top 3 worst.

The good:

1: Viper GTS - always torque. Not much else to say.

2: '96 Impreza OBW - wish I'd have found a way to keep it.

3: '92 Mercury Grand Marquis - probably still running somewhere with 500,000 miles on it.

The bad:

1: '98 Chevy Prizm - rode like crap, constantly had electrical problems, crapped out a connecting rod.

2: '97 Chevy Cavalier - drove one to niagara falls and back for my honeymoon... the rattles. Oh god the rattles. I still have nightmares.

3: '91 Plymouth Colt. Fred Flinstone would have felt right at home. Floor was see-thru, no power AT ALL, bad gas mileage for as little power as it had, clangy, tinny, junky. Jacked it up to change the oil and the front struts FELL OUT. Still, it could have been the Prizm. :shudder:

Archived