LegacyGT.com

Buying 3 Subaru cars from the same dealer in Virginia! Should I get a big discount?

vademo0o

I'm also interested in the update. Again, I just don't think 25% is possible for Subarus right now. If the manufacturer is making a profit of 10% of MSRP, and the dealer is making a profit of 10% of MSRP, that is A LOT for each of them. Subarus are selling very well. I just don't see the reason for them to sell to you at a loss.

Cash in hand always works

Honestly, cash in hand isnt as good a deal as you may think.

If you think about it, they dont really get much out of it besides the amount your paying for the car. Money is money. It could be a cashier's check, and its just as good.

But dealers, imho, get even more excited about somebody who is going to finance (and who is ALREADY pre-approved) because they are making money off the car AND the interest on the loan to you.

So I believe method of payment isn't really a KEY factor. It may play a role because it will depend on how quickly the transaction takes place because of the time the loan papers to draw up and approval for loans and such. Basically more paperwork and back office work.

But im curious to see how this all works out!

This.. in fact, when I bought my LGT I mentioned cash on hand ready to go, and the person was not that impressed. Said there was no such thing as any incentives for a cash deal since you couldn't use a credit card for over $3K? So bank/cashiers check is still cash.

I showed him my license plate, said I was ready to go home with a new car. I said I can always go to another dealer to buy it, had some internet prices that they posted and told him to beat it. I said, you can make a few bucks now, or have the car sit on the lot for an unknown amount of time.. it took him almost a minute to come get me and my friend from the car in the parking lot to run out.. :) Volume in number of cars sold helps dealers.. so even if he made only $50 (or whatever he made), the fact that he had to waste zero time and a car was moved off the lot was a win, although not an epic win for them..

Spc you apparently have never slipped the envelope over the table to close the deal. 25% off. Not to mention the savings on financing which is the point. Im giving you pearls, yet you don't know what you don't know. How old are you and how much money do you make, how much you save, all attribute to the art of the deal. I didn't become wealthy by giving it away. If i wanted to give a dealer money, i would give it to my cousin, who owns 8 new car dealerships which include bmw, porsche, audi, ford, chrysler, gm, nissan, toyota and Subaru, But my cuz doesn't need my money, because she makes over $1.2 million a month. Believe me, she did not give money to the Obama campaign, nor did I.

I personally see some great deals on 2013 Legacy. Seeing that you get 17% off a WRX is pretty good, since dealers in SoCal aren't really discounting WRX here. Not too sure on a Outback, but I do see Legacy Limited being discounted 3-5k off MSRP.

Spc you apparently have never slipped the envelope over the table to close the deal. 25% off. Not to mention the savings on financing which is the point. Im giving you pearls, yet you don't know what you don't know. How old are you and how much money do you make, how much you save, all attribute to the art of the deal. I didn't become wealthy by giving it away. If i wanted to give a dealer money, i would give it to my cousin, who owns 8 new car dealerships which include bmw, porsche, audi, ford, chrysler, gm, nissan, toyota and Subaru, But my cuz doesn't need my money, because she makes over $1.2 million a month. Believe me, she did not give money to the Obama campaign, nor did I.

Talk about a rambling diatribe. It's like listening to Rush :lol:

I needed a good laugh this morning, thanks.

LW's spec. B / YT / IG

I was giving the perspective of the dealer. Obviously if you have the cash flow to pay in full, then go for it could save you thousands on finance charges. My point was that paying for a car in cash isnt a big deal as it used to be.

Hi everyone-

We finally purchased our cars and I really recommend you to go to Manassas Subaru. They give the best possible price! We got different discounts for each but in general we saved close to 20%. I got the best deal possible ever. 2013 Subaru Legacy 3.6R Limited with Moonroof, Navigation, EyeSight, Puddle Light, Trunk Trim, Remote Engine Starter, and All Weather Floor Mats. I bought it for $27,047.00 + taxes. I got more than $7,499.00 discount. We got the lowest discount on WRX and it was only $3,950. My wife also got a close to $5,000 discount for her outback. We saved close to $17,000. MY recommendation is going with higher end models. It seems like Subaru is hard time with selling fully loaded 3.6 engines. My legacy and my wifes outback are 3.6 and fully loaded. We both could not pick the colors we wanted but we saved bunch of money.

MY recommendation is going with higher end models. It seems like Subaru is hard time with selling fully loaded 3.6 engines. My legacy and my wifes outback are 3.6 and fully loaded. We both could not pick the colors we wanted but we saved bunch of money.

That's the secret to getting big discounts, buy cars that the dealer knows they aren't likely to sell tomorrow.

The reason the 3.6's aren't selling is probably just the big drop in gas mileage, when the 2.5i is perfectly adequate as a family car.

Given that the F&I guys lose the chance to sell you things like "gap insurance" if you show up with a wad of cash: no, it's not as impressive as it used to be. They'd rather sell it to you on credit and get to make back those discounts on financing.

Good job, OP.

02603sec. . .yes we're all very impressed at how much money you and your cousin make.

Archived