LegacyGT.com

Legacy Future Face lift?

rickster

I seem to recall reading somewhere (maybe Drive magazine) that Subaru will redesign the front end of the WRX to make it very similar to that of the B9 (think old Alfa Romeo). I am curious if anyone knows if they plan to make similar changes on the Legacy...Personally, I prefer the current style & really hope it isn't anything drastically different from the current styling (it will be at least another year or two before I replace my WRX). Thanks in advance, Rick

There's been extensive talk on this forum (and pics) about the re-fresh design and it looks like it will happen for '07 model.

2006 will be the last year of teh current front end and then it will be updated to the triple-airplane grille.

Better sell that 'rex fast.

I would search with keywords facelift or 2007 to see if you can get a glimpse of what it may look like.

If they lower the grill on the wrx even further for next year, as it looks in these pics, then the car really is going to look good. Same with the legacy, as long as that grill is low, I think it is a major improvment. High, like on the tribeca, and its ugly

Too much Suzuki there, flip the middle and that's what it looks like.

Cheapens the brand appearance badly, making it look like a half-baked BASTARDIZED KNOCKOFF.:( :( :( :(

What are they thinking?? Typical corporate non-car guys running, and ruining the show. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

FUJI WAKE UP !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edit: They must have hired a bunch of unemployed domestic auto execs. :dm: It shows.

I disagree. I find the current impreza extremely ugly; the only reason I didn't replace my A4 with one when they came out. Whether it is a corporate face or not, I think the current (05) subarus look a little unfinished - particularly the nose of the GT; there's a lot of plastic & metal in the nose that covers little but air.

In the impreza, I think the worst features are the headlights and the wheel blisters. The new design (and the spy shot of next years design) makes the headlights less of a sore thumb look and integrates them better. Moving the grill toward the ground also, IMO, gives the car a sleeker look that fits together better.

Now, if they could just eliminate the roundness of the rear windows in the wagon, and make the lines fit together better, it could be a really good looking car.

I'm going to change my opinion here. After having seen the front-on pics in another thread, I feel just the opposite now; ugly!

I disagree. I find the current impreza extremely ugly; the only reason I didn't replace my A4 with one when they came out. Whether it is a corporate face or not, I think the current (05) subarus look a little unfinished - particularly the nose of the GT; there's a lot of plastic & metal in the nose that covers little but air.

In the impreza, I think the worst features are the headlights and the wheel blisters. The new design (and the spy shot of next years design) makes the headlights less of a sore thumb look and integrates them better. Moving the grill toward the ground also, IMO, gives the car a sleeker look that fits together better.

Now, if they could just eliminate the roundness of the rear windows in the wagon, and make the lines fit together better, it could be a really good looking car.

btw, that suzuki is made by DAEWOO

GM bought Daewoo couple years ago

Could be a GM conspiracy, seeing as how they own % of Sube (do they sit on Fuji's BOD?), to trash their competitors products.

Turn Subaru into Suzuki look-alikes to drive their customers flooding in GM showrooms (Save us from those fugly Suzuki imitations! Sell me a Cobalt SS, quick!).

The GM cold hand of product death strikes yet again.

Archived