LegacyGT.com

MPG... What are you guys averaging

Awesome guys! Sounds like I am on track then. I am just not used to the lower MPG.

:( but so worth it.

I had a 323ci and it was a turd!!! When my Prelude got totalled I needed a car and couldn't find a WRX so I got that thing cheap. Then I found this spec and got rid of the BMW finally.

Ah, no wonder you hated it.

:lol:

My son would get 32mpg on the 92 Civic SI 1.6L single cam with GT35r on it as long as he stayed out of boost.

But that's a different story.

Turbo D16s are fun and can get some pretty awesome mileage.

I had a stock longblock D16Y7 with the main parts of the Edelbrock turbo kit (GT2560). It was pretty fun even though it didn't make a ton of power.

The B20V never managed to get better than about 29, but 4200 RPM at 70 MPH tends to kill mileage on a larger displacement engine that makes about twice the power as the original or current engine.

I think the first road trip with the LGT was about 25 average. We wer running between 70 and 80 for the highway parts, and ended up driving around STL for about 3 hours one morning.

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guess I should start driving a bit more on the fun side then. I mean if it isn't making any difference.

I phrased that weird. I have two driving styles. drive it like I stole it, or drive it like a grandma. When I combine those two I get 21. If I drive it like I stole it for a whole tank I get like 18 :)

I phrased that weird. I have two driving styles. drive it like I stole it, or drive it like a grandma. When I combine those two I get 21. If I drive it like I stole it for a whole tank I get like 18 :)

Awwww ok well I drive like a granny majority of the time. I feel bad when I get on it lol. Poor car, but it sure is FUN.

got 26 w gen 4 spec b and get 26 w gen 5 both stage 2 combined mpg

DAMN!!! I am jealous.

Mine is on par with the rest, 18 pushing it and on my most recent trip to the lake about 2 hours away from my house I averaged 28 going 80 mph. I usually average at 21. Definitely an adjustment from my last car, 00 Focus a real peice, getting 28 average.

Stock 08 and I average 9.2L/100km (25.6mpg) and that's on 25/75 city/open road. I'm driving about 550km per week. Haven't noticed any difference between types of SI drive (not that I take it out of S very often...)

Stock 08 and I average 9.2L/100km (25.6mpg) and that's on 25/75 city/open road. I'm driving about 550km per week. Haven't noticed any difference between types of SI drive (not that I take it out of S very often...)

Lucky! I have a buddy w a 2012 and he is getting almost 30 on hwy, makes me jealous. Although he has a stock base legacy.

Another SpecB (from Canada and 2007 though), I tend to get about 8.8L/100km (about 26 mpg) 20/80 city/highway and drive about 500km each week.

I am stage 2 and I was averaging about 9.4L/100km when stage one and close to 10L/100km when stock. The reason for the difference is that stage1 was smoother than stage2 which led me to be more willing to drive in the lower RPM range, with stage 2 2500-2600rpm became a fair bit smoother, also leading me to adjust my habit to drive lower rpm on the highway. I would guess that stock, stage 1 and stage 2 are all more or less the same for fuel economy, but for me personally, it let me drive at lower RPM where the car was less than smooth.

I mostly drive in S mode, but I do get some use out of I and S#. I have only noticed significant fuel economy differences on roads with lots of hills, where the added difficulty of modulating very low throttle input going uphill in S# makes it harder to get the same fuel economy. I notice very little difference between I and S in terms of fuel economy, but I does make the car a lot less smoother in lower speed lower rpm situations (which leads to me reving higher and getting worse fuel economy in I mod in such situations). So, SI drive fuel economy will vary with the driver. For me, I dislike I mode, and I like S# the best. S is the mode I personally use for fuel economy.

Lucky! I have a buddy w a 2012 and he is getting almost 30 on hwy, makes me jealous. Although he has a stock base legacy.
Don't be jealous, he has no ability to boost. Turbo cars should be based on Smiles per Gallon, not Miles per Gallon :cool:

Yes you can keep these cars up in the mid 20s pretty easily with a decent tune and a light foot, but if that's the goal all the time, the turbo model isn't the right car.

I chose my spec.B because of the driving experience, a rare AWD performance sedan that's reasonably priced. I enjoy it much more when I look over at the navigation info display and the gauges show the throttle input at 100%, the current MPG not even registering, and the tach is rapidly climbing :D

25.8 for today over 207 miles. Filled up again this morning, then hit the highway. did some in town driving, and some aggressive driving because the idiots seemed to be out in droves today.

ARGGG.

23.4 total by dong the math on the previous tank.

I just bought the car but so far in 200 miles I've been getting an average of 27mpg and that's 50/50 between city and highway. I was expecting worse so I'm pretty happy with it. I guess I should mention this is going off my navigation, so I hope someone can chime in and verify their accuracy.

Don't be jealous, he has no ability to boost. Turbo cars should be based on Smiles per Gallon, not Miles per Gallon :cool:

Yes you can keep these cars up in the mid 20s pretty easily with a decent tune and a light foot, but if that's the goal all the time, the turbo model isn't the right car.

I chose my spec.B because of the driving experience, a rare AWD performance sedan that's reasonably priced. I enjoy it much more when I look over at the navigation info display and the gauges show the throttle input at 100%, the current MPG not even registering, and the tach is rapidly climbing :D

You're right smiles not miles lol. I got my spec.b because I have a baby on the way and wasn't going to settle for just any sedan. I wanted a fast and reliable car. I think I found it. Def eats a bit more gas but it is sexy, fun, and 4 door.

I was curious because I think I need a tune to get everything on track. Just didn't seem like the right mpg but def on track w everyone else. I don't know much about the tuning accessory so I trying to get in touch w cryo to help me on the right path.

Archived