LegacyGT.com

MPG... What are you guys averaging

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been averaging about 23 MPG. It a varied mix between city and highway driving.

I don't get into it all the time, but I don't avoid boost like the plague either.

I was astounded yesterday morning when I filled up then hit the highway. Averaged 28.5 MPG for 100 miles at 65-75 MPH for a 100 mile trip. Spent the next few hours driving around in a small town which tanked the average. Made the trip back an was still about 24 for the whole trip.

Mine is essentially stock though. Borla CBE, K&N panel, and that's it as far as I know.

Do you drive in the city most of the time?

I have been averaging about 23 MPG. It a varied mix between city and highway driving.

I don't get into it all the time, but I don't avoid boost like the plague either.

I was astounded yesterday morning when I filled up then hit the highway. Averaged 28.5 MPG for 100 miles at 65-75 MPH for a 100 mile trip. Spent the next few hours driving around in a small town which tanked the average. Made the trip back an was still about 24 for the whole trip.

Mine is essentially stock though. Borla CBE, K&N panel, and that's it as far as I know.

Do you drive in the city most of the time?

WOW that's badass! I have a mix of city/ Highway as well, but mostly to and from work or the store in town. I usually drive like a granny and only get on it if you get that person that is slow and you go around them or what not.

I have a few mods and not exact on the tune since I haven't gotten it in to retune after I bought the car either.

'05 LGT 16 MPG lots of city driving.

OUCH!!! I thought I was the one supporting the petrol companies ;)

I had the dash reading 30.6mpg on a 150 mile drive the other day, following a buddy with the 5th wheel camper. Drove to diner Saturday night then 150 mile drive home on Monday the dash read 28.5 mpg.

Normally it gets 23-24mpg when I do the math. But most of my driving is highway. That's in the 09 Spec B

My wagon, as a DD & going to VT every winter weekend would get 24.6mpg on the dash. So that's about 23.8 mpg.

Hint, these cars do better when you drive them on the highway. In my years here, seems like most issues happen with cars driven for short distances.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

It is definitely a stark contrast between highway mileage and city mileage.

I'm still getting used to the difference as I could drive my old LS swapped Civic very aggressively and still average around 30 MPG. Lighter vehicle, less parasitic draw, and no turbo makes a big difference. The B20V used to get about 27 mixed driven aggressively.

You want stock, stage 2, or stage 3 on corn numbers?

Stock and Stage 2.....

I'm still getting used to the difference as I could drive my old LS swapped Civic very aggressively and still average around 30 MPG. Lighter vehicle, less parasitic draw, and no turbo makes a big difference. The B20V used to get about 27 mixed driven aggressively.

Yea there seems to be a huge diff when you ad the hhy miles. City isn't so awesome. I know my Prelude got killer mileage and was fun, it got totalled so the last year I have been in 2000 BMW 3 series coupe (which I hated) it got awesome mileage too which I was suprised!

Needed a family wagon and getting into a Sedan was hard until I found my LGT!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. I luckily work at home majority of the time saves a few bucks in the tank.

Stock and Stage 2.....

Yea there seems to be a huge diff when you ad the hhy miles. City isn't so awesome. I know my Prelude got killer mileage and was fun, it got totalled so the last year I have been in 2000 BMW 3 series coupe (which I hated) it got awesome mileage too which I was suprised!

Needed a family wagon and getting into a Sedan was hard until I found my LGT!!! LOVE LOVE LOVE. I luckily work at home majority of the time saves a few bucks in the tank.

You hated the 3 series?

Was it a non~sport package car or something?

Awesome guys! Sounds like I am on track then. I am just not used to the lower MPG.

:( but so worth it.

I had a 323ci and it was a turd!!! When my Prelude got totalled I needed a car and couldn't find a WRX so I got that thing cheap. Then I found this spec and got rid of the BMW finally.

My son would get 32mpg on the 92 Civic SI 1.6L single cam with GT35r on it as long as he stayed out of boost.

But that's a different story.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

I get around 21 and thats driving like a grandma or driving it like I stole it. No inbetween :)

Yea mine does not change, I tried so hard for high MPG but saw it made no difference, **** IT!:lol:

Archived