LegacyGT.com

just got our first 06 STI

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply
That new roof mounted spoiler thingy, seems to be angled to generate lift rather than downforce, unless it's there to flow air better into the trunk mounted spoiler ? Any one know the official reason ? It can't be there for looks !!!!

Its purpose is to act as a marketing ploy to combat the EVO's new optional "vortex generators" (which are also a marketing ploy).

In short - I don't think it really does anything.

I like bits of it, but I think it doesn't flow as well overall as well as the last gen. The trunk looks awkward with the single Subaru badge, and the new window spoiler sticks out like a sore thumb - It wouuld be nicer if it were integrated into the roofline.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

S60Rs are real nice

but pricy

and it's usually FWD when you drive around

it sends power to the real when it finds wheels slip

Perrin BIG maf intake

Perrin Turbo Inlet

HKS SSQV BOV

Megan Racing header with UP (ceramic coated)

HKS DP (WRX)

DMH E-cutout

Custom 3" catback

UTEC

S60Rs are real nice

but pricy

and it's usually FWD when you drive around

it sends power to the real when it finds wheels slip

Yes, the Haldex is a FWD bias with most (not all) of the power going there in a normal mode. For me, that's fine since I switch to 17" rims with Michelin Pilot Alpins in the winter. I had no problems getting through the weather this past year.

With regard to price, discounting is quite aggressive just like Subaru. I bought for $300 over invoice, took a $1,000 rebate AND 1.9% for 60 months. Granted, this was over a year ago.

Thanks for the props.

jonfur80 works at the Lancaster Subaru dealership?

Also I will be up there labor day weekend- maybe do a Legacy meet over that weekend? Are there any good dirt roads I could take my Legacy on up there? Any good twisty roads? I'll be up there for a Family Reunion at the Willow Valley resort. Let me know.

Archived