LegacyGT.com

Aftermarket compent speakers

Long story short I have a question about the tweeters.. I need to drill a 1-3/4 hole however when I took off the panel piece.. is it going to fit??

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/SubaruWRX/Photos/20130712_110202_zps48edb7a9.jpg

it's not the plastic I'm concerned but the rubber part and the mounting depth

Yeah, gotta agree there. If you're talking about the factory tweets, those just pop on in place of your original covers. If you're sticking some new aftermarket tweets in, I'd hunt down a set of factory tweeters. at least then you'd have some depth. you've probably noticed there's really very little space to the covers.

I've never seen factory speakers less then $45 used which is crazy if you ask me.. so i did some modding.. the spacer that came with the speaker does not line up with the door so I had to trim the OEM spacer, it has this large part that half covers the magnet so I trimmed it. Anyways I did not want to flush mount it because the tweeter would not be facing the listener.. So I came up with this.

I have to agree, that does sound good, and from what I can tell sounds better than my factory tweeters. But that's a given I suppose, they get drowned out against the Kappas.

I also got my tweeters from the junkyard, but i paid 25 with a arm full of trim pieces I was missing.

Also, that radio is to die for, what is it? I'd love to get rid of my JVC

How are you powering that radio if you dont mind me asking? Did you run an extra wire from battery, ive found radios, including stock ones, run better with a lower gauge wire from battery terminal. Sounds good regardless.

Thanks guys, the radio is a Pioneer AVH-X2500BT I sprung for the bluetooth model at like the very last second lol the mic is mounted right next to the trip reset button, I'm impressed how the highs sounds and I'm sure they will sound better when amped.

And Technation the power is coming from the harness.

Btw those were just the front's playing.. no way could the stock rears or any stock speaker handle being at Vol. 31 without it still being that clear.

I have these to install when I do the amps I was going to replace both cables, if I remember right the pos cable one end goes to the battery and the other end that goes to the starter has another lug on it? Too lazy to check right now.. should of checked today given I just picked up a new battery.

The lugs in the picture are for 4 AWG wire.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v77/SubaruWRX/Photos/20130712_174104_zps7bb68147.jpg

The main issue with stock harnesses I believe is that most wiring harness and electrical system use a high gauge wire, if you powered that radio with a 8-12 gauge, you would see a world of difference.

Archived