LegacyGT.com

Review of the "Hogzaust" mod on a 2.5i Legacy. * Video Inside!*.

sn00py

For anyone with a Legacy 2.5i who is interested in the hogzaust and how it sounds, heres your thread. First off, install was a piece of cake. pretty self explanatory.

Initial start-up, much louder than anticipated. I thought i would barely hear anything and boy was i wrong.

Driving with it for a week now, i sometimes feel embarrassed because it sounds nothing like a Subaru. Sounds more like a honda/nissan.

I rate it a 5/10. If you want to be louder, its perfect for that. However without having un-equal length header, it doesn't sound that great. You be the judge, heres a video i made.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oUKSUtiAQwM]YouTube - 2008 Subaru Legacy "Hogzaust" Test[/ame]

Yeah that exhaust at any RPM over 2k sounds very muck like the kinda of car I hate the sound of :lol:. The 2.5 LGT sounds super mean with most types of aftermarket exhaust even with the stock exhaust manifold. I guess there is no way to get that "boxer" Rumble out of a 2.5i :confused:. Unless you swap out your manifold for a unequal length header. But since I just bought my 2008 2.5i i wont be doing any of those mods as I want to keep the warranty :spin:

Mine sounded a little loud with two washers on each bolt. It actually made my 05 OBXT sound mean. No fart can sound just mean. It had a nice rumble at idol and sounded great on take off and down shifting. I recently went to one washer to make it less noticeable in the cabin. I do love it. Cost me a whole buck.

Maybe the Turbo makes it sound better.

“Abandon hope, all ye who enter here”

-Dante Alighieri

http://youtu.be/lLFunBPgPOo

Dude just buy yourself a set of nice mufflers and call it a day. That way you can always keep the mufflers you buy and transfer them to the lgt when you decide to move up.

2008 6mt Legacy Gt Spec B DGM - Not so Stock/Work in progress

2006 5mt Legacy Gt OBP - Sold

2005 5eat Legacy Gt OBP - RIP

R.I.P Coxx

if you have the cake to "mod the hell out of it" why didnt you get a GT? there isnt really many power adding mods anyway.

im not trying to be a smart ass here, just want to know. you can still do some nice suspension and aesthetic mods.

if you have the cake to "mod the hell out of it" why didnt you get a GT? there isnt really many power adding mods anyway.

im not trying to be a smart ass here, just want to know. you can still do some nice suspension and aesthetic mods.

This was my previous car before the daily driver 2.5i. Im not modding it. I just got bored and wanted to see what it would do.

http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c47/djnick7000/img0015kv5.jpg

nice! i had a bugeye before my LGT.

i have the Prodrive mufflers. i would HIGHLY recommend them. they sound great but are just stealthy enough.... but you can see im impartial to the Prodrive stuff.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v486/westy66/DSC_0004-1400.jpg

out of curiosity how do unequal length headers affect the exhaust note?

& snoopy.... why from an STi to a 2.5i? thats a harsh power downgrade man

Q1: Yes Unequal length = boxer rumble

Equal length = raspy hondaish sound

Q2: At the time i had the STI i was working 60 hr weeks at a Subaru dealership and the only time i was driving it, was in rush hour traffic to and from work. SO paying a premium car note, and insurance and gas, wasn't justifying it for me so i got a 2.5i as a daily until i got out of the dealership business and then buy something i enjoy again. Make sense?

Quick Update: Today i removed the hogzaust and went back to stock. Surprisingly it feels slower now.....weird.

Noise levels can alter your perception of speed

yup took the muffler off my 2 stroke dirtbike as a kid, felt WAY faster. but we clocked it off and on and was 3mph slower w/o the muffler...:lol:

Well I bought a Condo around the same time I went car shopping and i couldnt fit the 29K base price LGT in my budget at the time so I got the 2.5i and i haveto say I love the car minus the lack of power compared with the LGT. Next year ( May 2009) I plan to get a Spec B.

Well I bought a Condo around the same time I went car shopping and i couldnt fit the 29K base price LGT in my budget at the time so I got the 2.5i and i haveto say I love the car minus the lack of power compared with the LGT. Next year ( May 2009) I plan to get a Spec B.

if your swapping cars like that you should buy used man, taking the hit on the depreciation of a new car to turn and flip so soon is an owie on the finances:confused:

you are very correct however I will sell my 2.5i to a private buyer for payoff plus a little profit and buy a used Spec B. that way i dont take the "hit" of being shafted by a dealer offering 9K for a three month old car with under 6K miles on it like my current car

Archived