LegacyGT.com

-1.9 degrees front camber w/ beefy 16mm Ingalls I-81280

yukonm

An additional degree of front camber (-1.9 degrees) on stock suspension!

I used the 16mm Ingalls I-81280 camber adjustment bolts in the top position. The nice thing is that this bolt torques to 125 ft-lbs. Unfortunately, the Ingalls Catalog tells folks to use the wrong part (14mm I-81260 that only torques to 77 ft-lbs). So the 81280 is the one to get.

Front: stock w/camber bolts. -1.9 camber, 0 toe.

Rear: stock w/ 21mm cusco rear bar & AVO SB brackets. -0.5 camber. A little toe-in.

Tires: bridgestone re01r (very good tire - comfortable w/ decent grip)

Off-camber constant radius turns have just a little understeer.

Banked turns w/ power is very neutral, possibly mild oversteer.

If you steadily add steering angle going into a turn, you can get the rear loose.

good info. I was able to get -1.5 up front on stock bolts, but my car is lowered which adds static camber.

Give me 5 minutes with your car and I will get you as much negative camber as you want :)

To the OP - interesting find for the racers out there and for the tire companies ;)

Give me 5 minutes with your car and I will get you as much negative camber as you want :)

To the OP - interesting find for the racers out there and for the tire companies ;)

:lol::lol:

Fweasel: How much is your car lowered, cause my car on stock bolts was only able to get about -0.9 IIRC.
Ions, tokicos, specB top hats.
ignore him, he'll go away.

For those interested in the setup -

Front: stock w/camber bolts. -1.9 camber, 0 toe.

Rear: stock w/ 21mm cusco rear bar. -0.5 camber. A little toe-in.

Tires: bridgestone re01r (what a great tire!)

How it drives: constant radius turns have just a little understeer. If you steadily add steering angle going into a turn, you can get the rear loose. relatively little understeer under power. Might be a little too tail happy for high speeds, but great for tight turns.

thanks for the info on the camber bolts, i'll give them a try. if you still have the stock shocks/springs you should get the rear sway bar brackets.

My car was at -1.3 Camber up front, just after dropping it on Swifts. After my most recent alignment the tech had set the front to -0.8. There seemed to be a noticeable difference in how tight the front end felt (-1.3 feeling much "grippier"), even though I never took it to the limit.

rexster: great avatar, I have that album hanging up in my den.

• 4 months later...
Any issues with these slipping on you yet? i need more negative camber up front, my outside edges are wearing at a much faster rate.

Not that I can tell, and the alignment shop was pretty confident of the setup. I'd tend to agree with them because the bottom bolt is stock (non eccentric) , and the top bolt has a more eccentric cam, but it still torques close to stock amount.

I'd be worried about slipping with a 14mm bolt in the top position. Even more so with a second cam in the bottom position.

Not that I can tell, and the alignment shop was pretty confident of the setup. I'd tend to agree with them because the bottom bolt is stock (non eccentric) , and the top bolt has a more eccentric cam, but it still torques close to stock amount.

I'd be worried about slipping with a 14mm bolt in the top position. Even more so with a second cam in the bottom position.

Very cool thanks for the info.

Archived