LegacyGT.com

WRX brakes on the GT - info please?

Mo_GT

Hi All,

I'm looking at brake upgrade options and found that some Jap tunners are putting on WRX brakes (front and back calipers) on the GT.

Does anyone have any info on them with regards to performance?

I'm trying to find stopping time /distance of both.

Thanks http://forum.liberty.asn.au/images/smiles/icon_smile.gif

Bye,

Mo

Well most say that the WRX brakes are a downgrade, atleast for USD LGT. Our rotors are bigger and thicker then the 4 pot WRX brakes rotors. Do a search. I remember reading a thread on this. Search "WRX" in brake section.
Racer X FMIC for '05-'09 LGTs, '08+ WRX and '10+ LGT,'14+ FXT, and '15+ WRX TMIC Racerxengineering.com

Was this sarcastic? I checked cars101.com and they indicae that the WRX has a 4 pot but on an 11.5" front rotor vs the GT's 12.3 and they rears apear to be the same.

It's not always about rotor size, sometimes the clamping power could have a better effect. I have know idea, thats why I am interested.

the calipers on the WRX 4 pistons are smaller, you may get shorter pedal travel, but you wont be putting down the clamping force that you may want.. also, the GT rotors are bigger overall (this is extremely helpful to prevent rotor warping as you want a rotor that can handle the heat, especially our fat heavy cars).
Keefe

Was this sarcastic? I checked cars101.com and they indicae that the WRX has a 4 pot but on an 11.5" front rotor vs the GT's 12.3 and they rears apear to be the same.

Nobody seems to want real answers to questions like this so I have decided to play along.

The red ones are definitely better, more clamping force :rolleyes::lol: if only Subaru had some blue or yellow ones.....

Thanks for the replies guys :)

I'm talking about the std WRX 4piston front and 2 piston rear brakes - like these:

http://store.ncrally.com/catalog/images/red%20calipers%20frt.JPG

Can't afford Brembos - i'm looking at about Australian $3-4grand for them, plus new wheels as the std wheels won't clear the calipers...

I'm just researching options and if i replace the calipers then my options are the WRX ones or maybe the AP Racing ones(yet to hear from them). Otherwise i'll just go with better pads, fluid and hoses - maybe look at one of those brake master cylinder brace things too.

Bye,

Mo

PS: Did a search (i always do a search before posting ;) ) way too many hits when you type in "WRX".

Nobody seems to want real answers to questions like this so I have decided to play along.

The red ones are definitely better, more clamping force :rolleyes::lol: if only Subaru had some blue or yellow ones.....

It just happens to be the color and is easily identifialbe by saying the "red" ones. ;)

Archived