LegacyGT.com

Clutch Pedal Squeak

Does your clutch pedal ever squeak?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Does your clutch pedal ever squeak?

• Never
    • Ocassionally
    • Only when it is cold outside

yeah mine seems to squeak ever so faintly, not enough to hear it when the car is moving, but at a stop it is somewhat / barely noticable....with the radio on, not at all. I don't see it as a high priority, i am sure it just needs some lube in the right place.

[quote name='Beanboy']Yes. Mentioned to dealer, they tried lubricating it, didn't help. Known issue. I haven't fiddled with it yet. -B[/QUOTE] Ditto. I'll give them another try. They fixed it on my WRX. Kevin

THANK YOU. I was wondering if I was the only one. Had the dealer lubricate it. came right back. I think I will ask them to replace the whole clutch pedal assembly next time. It's annoying the heck outta me.
getting out of the legacy game :cool:

It seems rather common to me. My old wrx did it too. My silver GT did it from day one, but the dealer was able to fix it after taking basically everything apart and replacing the tension spring and filing down burs on some metal parts apparently. I have started to notice my wife's GT doing it now too. She says she doesn't care about it, but it annoys the heck out of me. Maybe because I feel like a $29,000 car shouldn't do this. Well I am sure they can fix hers since they fixed mine, but I was hoping that Subaru would have figure out how to solve this by now. I would think they are/will be wasting a lot of money on warranty claims with regards to this.

My clutch would squeak too. The dealer told me to give it 3000 miles for the spring to loosen up. Well 3000 miles later it was still squeaking. When I took it in for my first oil change I told them to grease it. I've since put 300 miles on the car and not a single squeak. A good tech should be able to pinpoint the problem area and give it a good coating of grease.

Did it on my old GT and it just started showing up on the new one. I know it was temporarily fixed on the old one, but I gave up after time. I'll have them look at that when my car goes in for service on Thursday.

Guest *Jedimaster*
Mine does it sometimes and it's not all that bad- I can barely detect it. I've thought about getting under there with some spray silicon, but it's not enough to motivate me to.

Yep mine certainly does - sounds like a whale mating and if the pedal is pressed slowly, it feels rough - engine on or off. Also feels rough when using the gears to slow down. My car is the non turbo 05 model in Australia. Clutch pedal was smooth but since the sound has started, it is beginning to feel rough, when pressed slowly or used to slow down using the gears as explained above. Where the slave cylinder meets the clutch arm has been lubricated by Subaru but this hasn't helped - I suspect the problem lies with the actual clutch assembly. Being looked at again next week. Is this thread about the clutch pedal inside the car squeaking or the clutch system outside the car - engine bay or bell housing??

I need to start making a list of things to have them check the next time I get the car serviced... Key fob -- still issues even after putting in a brand new battery Stuttering/hesitation -- they probably can't do anything but might as well make them know about it Clutch squeak -- happens every now and then.. And I think I noticed a rattle near the passenger door panel area and I had the stereo at pretty low volume.. I'll see if it happens again.

No squeak, just STINK and I mean Skunky Just drove thru a 90 minute stop-start LA traffic jam with MT and no stink. One back up out of drive way and BIG STINK. Had 64k miles on BMW3/MT and it was in great shape, not smell, but my LegGT, STINKY. No Squeak, sorry about off

[quote name='Nick']Mine squeaks when cold, but the squeak goes away when the car warms up.[/QUOTE] Mine goes away when I turn the radio on... It was 0 degrees F today, and I did notice it more, but I also wasn't listening to the news as usual. BTW, this is the first real cold day I've driven the car, and it made a noticeable difference in power. Heh.

Archived