LegacyGT.com

Clutch Pedal Squeak

Does your clutch pedal ever squeak?  

87 members have voted

1. 1. Does your clutch pedal ever squeak?

• Never
    • Ocassionally
    • Only when it is cold outside

[quote name='Legacy05']No squeek here .. (Keeps fingers crossed)[/QUOTE] Okay .. apparently I have jinxed myself, I can hear it squeek now .. I swear this morning was the first time I heard it. When I take the car in for its first oil change, I'll have them remedy the squeek. Doh!

• 1 month later...
After much squeaking, I took it into the dealer and they said they *are* seeing this a lot, and ordered a replacement pedal assembly which will be installed under warranty. Oddly, they lubed it up, causing my interior to smell funny, but that fixed the noise - for a whole day.

I have had the clutch pedal squeak since day 1. The dealer looked at it already. Oddly enough when I picked up the car after they were closed, the pedal still squeaks. How aggravating. I love to waste my time like that. Last night I went under with a can of spray grease, but I couldn't find where the squeak is coming from. They are a lot of adjustments/pivot points on the clutch pedal system. The return spring was well coated with grease already. If any one finds what makes the squeak, please post.

Archived