LegacyGT.com

Nice one Lafayette!

I remember a story from awhile back about people in the 60's playing practical jokes on the assembly line.. dropping gravel and misc stuff down inside of doors right before the panels were installed, or writing a message inside a door panel for someone to find one day. The gravel sometimes making an annoying rattle that nobody could ever trace down. I kind of chalked that up to a possible urban legend... until today.

I was taking my front end apart to black out my headlights and do some paintwork on my rbs grill.. and when I removed the front bumper, I was kind of shocked to see this...

http://tcforum.com/tronix/can1.jpg

A beer can semi crushed, and wedged up under my headlight. could only have been put there on the assembly line in Lafayette Indiana. The beer can has a little hole in the top from a can opener (dunno why?), and a little message written on the side of it..

http://tcforum.com/tronix/can2.jpg

Its an Old Milwuakee can. Probably a popular brand up there in northern Indiana near Wisconsin.

funny stuff.

-Tronix(and a happy new year)GT

for more pics and info... http://angevine.org/legacy/legacy.html

The can opener hole is most likely to allow the person to drink the beer much faster. Something about air/beer displacement, its been awhile since college.

Soooooooo, not only were they drinkin beer, they were chugging it too...

I bet he smashed the can on his head all 80's style when he was done

Need forum help? Private Message legGTLT

Oh noes!!!11! They poured beer in your intercooler!!! Cheap beer, at that!!! Our cars don't studder, they're just a lil tipsy. And the stinky clutch is beer residue burning off the friction surfaces. Now I get it.:rolleyes:
:orly:YA RLY!!! Home of +2500 useless posts!!!!

That hole is DEFINATLY to allow for faster drinking... I mean, I think... I mean maybe... *chugs beer* YUP, easier chugging... (:Homer Voice: MMmmm, beeeer; MMmmm OSU DOMINATING, MMMmmm)

Back on Topic:

That is not right though. Build date??? Most likely a Friday...

They allow you to drink beer while working.?! Doesn't matter what day it is, alcohol shouldn't even be near an assembly line. I guess that shows what kind of people are making our cars which is why I try to buy cars made in the US, like those people who spit in your food when you order out. Anyway removing the beer can, you just degenerated your car's structurural integrity. I guess that's what they mean by crumple zone! :lol:

They allow you to drink beer while working.?! Doesn't matter what day it is, alcohol shouldn't even be near an assembly line. I guess that shows what kind of people are making our cars which is why I try to buy cars made in the US, like those people who spit in your food when you order out. Anyway removing the beer can, you just degenerated your car's structurural integrity. I guess that's what they mean by crumple zone! :lol:

Huh? The car IS built in the US, in Indiana. Do you mean you try NOT to buy cars in the US?

Notes in the car (like written on inner door panels) is funny, I don't know so much about finding "extra" parts.

Archived