LegacyGT.com

Goodbye Honda boy

After passing a ricer Honda (man that was ugly) that thought he was cool cutting in and out of traffic but seemed to be killing his car doing so I have come to even more appreciate the great machine that I am driving. Kudos to Subaru. Can't wait to fully break it in and have some real fun during the winter.

Welcome.......and you will def love it, take that 1k break in slow, then tear intor her.......and it's so much fun in the snow!!!!

Be carefull when you say "Rice" and "Killing" in the same post, touchy subject around here these last few days :lol:

Welcome.......and you will def love it, take that 1k break in slow, then tear intor her.......and it's so much fun in the snow!!!!

Be carefull when you say "Rice" and "Killing" in the same post, touchy subject around here these last few days :lol:

I was wondering about that too. What the heck does "rice" prefer?

A souped up Japanese car? An Asian person in a Japanese car? Or both?

Guest clawdnb
I was wondering about that too. What the heck does "rice" prefer?

A souped up Japanese car? An Asian person in a Japanese car? Or both?

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.....see also 'driving while asian'

Yes it would, and I think it's generally not used with racial cannotations. Personally, I think the word is played out.

Ricer: from the latin word Ricarius meaning to suck at everything you attempt.....see also 'driving while asian'

No comment

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

originally started with "rice burner" as in powered by rice iirc ... may have had something to do with how economical they were in comparison to the domestics.

it did also imply that since it wasn't using gas they weren't particularly fast.

lately it's taken on new meaning, mostly in the form of being gaudy with respect to modifications

Well, you see lots of Civics with this kind of mod - most driven by Asian guys too. I think that's where its got its name. If it was a souped up Neon or a Focus - I dont think it'll be called Rice.

A tastelessly modded Neon or Focus is every bit as much "rice" as a similarly modded Civic. The ethnicity of the driver has nothing to do with it. I'm Asian, but live in a very predominately caucasian area with a ton of "riced" out compacts. Almost of the drivers are white.

To me, a riced out car is one where the mods suggest performance potential that doesn't exist. If you make your car look like it should be on the starting grid of a JGTC race, then it better have more beans under the hood than than the 106 hp that Honda gave it. Really even fast cars can be ricey, if the exterior mods are tacky. Poorly fit and painted body kits, sticker out the wazoo, enormous aluminum wing etc...

I guess that being Asian and drive a reasonably fast Subaru, my LGT Wagon is a "Rice Rocket."

;)

Guest clawdnb
I guess that being Asian and drive a reasonably fast Subaru, my LGT Wagon is a "Rice Rocket."

;)

pft...dont you guys remember the post talking about the crackdown on modded cars and the dude they interviewed said the cops use 'driving while asian' as a way to identify streetracers....lol, my asian friend has a 03 civic that would destroy every single legacy on here and id venture to say most anyones car in general unless you are running faster than the 11flat range on street tires....you would be surprised how qwik those egg cars are when you throw a acura tsx engine in them and turbo it, lol....he made 385whp at 6psi or something retarded like that

Archived