LegacyGT.com

Is the DW65c fuel pump E85 safe?

Nolmers06LGT

Direct from DW's site:

Fueling That Fits.

Introducing the first high flow, compact, 65mm pump.

Compact 65mm body for OE fitment

Flows 265 litres per hour

Available with and without mounting clips

Ethanol compatible

3-year no-fault warranty

Quiet and reliable turbine impeller

Direct from DW's site:

Thanks. I know there are a lot of companies who make claims that end up being false- I heard there were a lot of issues with guys running DW65's, but I'm not sure I trust the source. I just wanted to make sure this isn't a typical issue that hasn't been recognized by the manufacturer yet, know what I mean?

DW65 is e85 compatible. The guy doesn't know what he was talking about. I'm going e85 this coming Friday and I was told to remove my walbro for a dw65c because its what they prefer.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

DW65 is e85 compatible. The guy doesn't know what he was talking about. I'm going e85 this coming Friday and I was told to remove my walbro for a dw65c because its what they prefer.

:lol: I think you're right.. He told me to run the Walbro instead. This is also coming from a guy who has an SPT intake and is running 26psi at stage 2. Just wanted to confirm the smoke blowing. Thanks guys!

Next question.. Are upgraded injectors a requirement for e85, at stg2? I'm guessing this is a resounding yes, just curious if I can get an e85 map started before I get injectors. It would be nice to have the added knock protection going into the hotter months of the year. Plus, I live in Ohio, so I feel like I'm obligated to run corn:lol:

:lol: I think you're right.. He told me to run the Walbro instead. This is also coming from a guy who has an SPT intake and is running 26psi at stage 2. Just wanted to confirm the smoke blowing. Thanks guys!

Next question.. Are upgraded injectors a requirement for e85, at stg2? I'm guessing this is a resounding yes, just curious if I can get an e85 map started before I get injectors. It would be nice to have the added knock protection going into the hotter months of the year. Plus, I live in Ohio, so I feel like I'm obligated to run corn:lol:

Seems pointless to "start" a tune without first changing to the injectors you intend to use. You need to have zero issues in the fueling department when you run E85. Other than that, you will love the corn.

Seems pointless to "start" a tune without first changing to the injectors you intend to use. You need to have zero issues in the fueling department when you run E85. Other than that, you will love the corn.

I'm working with a local tuner who's building experience.. I've had probably 30 revisions over the last year, and I'm at stage 2. Taking things slow has helped us keep an eye on the results of each revision- I was thinking it would be easier to swap to e85, make sure it's running correctly, then do injectors and ramp up the IDC. Plus I will be doing a turbo swap in the next year, so I was curious if I could make it until then running e85 without injectors and do the injectors with the turbo.

Maybe not though. I'll talk to my tuner.. It sounds like my best bet is to do injectors, then go e85, then stage3.

If your going stage 3 def get id1000 injectors don't go small unless you plan on running the stock turbo. I'm going 850cc but I know for a fact I'm not putting a bigger turbo on this car

Archived