LegacyGT.com

2005-2009 brake recall notice is sent out

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeah, most major rental car places need a CC.

Maybe a local schleppo rental car place can help.

If the car isn't in pieces at the dealer, give them hell and say "give me my car and call me when you have the parts and can fix the thing with the quickness".

There are only 3 rental car places in the area and hertz is the only one with anything available. As for the dealer allowing me to take the car they said that they do not want to release it due to the leaking brake lines. Plus that will be useless as the parts will be in tomorrow and they said that they hope to have it completed by close of business Friday. However after reading the kev master's post that it took them 2 week total I am a bit skeptical.

If your car is priority, then it'll definitely be done sooner than that. Some shops like to push recall work behind "profit" jobs. Possibly dropping by and checking on your car daily will would pressure them a little, and of course talking to the manager about your situation.

Wow made a call back to SOA and they will reimburse $55 a day but Hertz wants a credit card and I have none. :spin:

Sorry to hear that, BTW, how do you get by without a CC ?

I charge everything I can, on my no fee, AAA card that gives my cash back. I charge enough every year to cover the cost of my AAA membership with 100 mile towing and a small life insurance policy.

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

If your car is priority, then it'll definitely be done sooner than that. Some shops like to push recall work behind "profit" jobs. Possibly dropping by and checking on your car daily will would pressure them a little, and of course talking to the manager about your situation.

Dropping by and checking on your car daily will do nothing more than piss them off and you really don't want to do that.

There are only 3 rental car places in the area and hertz is the only one with anything available. As for the dealer allowing me to take the car they said that they do not want to release it due to the leaking brake lines. Plus that will be useless as the parts will be in tomorrow and they said that they hope to have it completed by close of business Friday. However after reading the kev master's post that it took them 2 week total I am a bit skeptical.

That's really nice of them to do $55 a day in rental while your car is out of commission. If they can get your parts on time it's not as big of a problem. Here in the Southern part of the mid West, they don't expect to see any of these problems so they send most of these kits to the Pacific Northwest, Colorado or Northeast.

They explained that it was a pretty elaborate job where they had to remove the interior, drop the rear end and transmission.

I payed off all cards earlier this year and closed them as I am trying to eliminate debt so that I can buy a house next year once I am established in a job that I am still in search of!

As for parts they said they should be in today and that they hope to be done with it tomorrow but they are booked pretty solid over the next week so I won't be surprised if it takes them longer especially since this is the first recall that they have had fail!

Take mine in today jacked it up and took a look at it last night. Not looking so hot slight seepage it seems and fluid level is a bit low. Kinda surprising as the rust on the underside of car isn't all that bad for being a Massachusetts car it whole life. Hope I am not without my car for 2 weeks.

I feel like this might be me. No rust at all (PA!) but I have added fluid in the past year.

I payed off all cards earlier this year and closed them as I am trying to eliminate debt so that I can buy a house next year once I am established in a job that I am still in search of!

As for parts they said they should be in today and that they hope to be done with it tomorrow but they are booked pretty solid over the next week so I won't be surprised if it takes them longer especially since this is the first recall that they have had fail!

Closing your cards is a bad idea and will hurt you when they calculate the debt to credit ratio. Paying them off is good but closing them isn't.

Well got my car back first thing this morning everything looks good with the shiny new brake lines! got home and had a bit of a panic attack as smoke was coming up outta the hood, however it was just brake fluid burning off the exhaust. As for the pictures they will have to wait till Monday as the Service guy I need to talk to is off today.

• 4 weeks later...

Get mine back today, called them just now. said "Everything looked good with the recall" so thats that.

They did try and tell me I am in need of their 60,000 mile check up / tune up service which will run me about $800 ... I'm thinking thanks but no thanks on that one.

Get mine back today, called them just now. said "Everything looked good with the recall" so thats that.

They did try and tell me I am in need of their 60,000 mile check up / tune up service which will run me about $800 ... I'm thinking thanks but no thanks on that one.

You can do a lot of those services yourself if you are handy (or go to a different shop to get them done for you for cheaper)

I find it odd that so many items are "inspect" which they do almost every time you bring the car in and then expect you to pay an outrageous fee because the "inspect" happens to be part of the 60k service.

You can do a lot of those services yourself if you are handy (or go to a different shop to get them done for you for cheaper)

I find it odd that so many items are "inspect" which they do almost every time you bring the car in and then expect you to pay an outrageous fee because the "inspect" happens to be part of the 60k service.

EXACTLY. I think I fell for a 15,000 mile check up like 2 months after I bought the car, they told me what all they did, and like you all I heard was "Inspect". I thought ok great thanks, here is my $15 off coupon, whats the damage?

"$395" (or something like that). :spin: I refused to pay. Hell they once charged me $80 for an oil change (which took 3 hours by the way), citing the various "inspections" and fluid top offs as the reason. I don't see where they get off charging that price for that crap.

But thank you for reaffirming my decision to walk away from their **,000 mi. check ups.

Looking at this receipt, does anyone know what their "All Wheel Drive Service. $249.99 + Tax" entails ? Sounds like more vague terminology to me.

I have worked on Subarus longer than i care to remember,

AWD service to me would mean changing the Trans fluid + filter, ALL diff fluid, check all CV axles and boots, wheel bearings, all mounts for Trans and diffs, and the driveshaft. Prob more i am forgetting

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 4

Archived