LegacyGT.com

Godspeed 16g turbo

Hey guys, i just wanted to see if anyone has had experience with this turbo or knows anything? I have read on some forums about it, and its like a 50/50? So from personal experience or what not, let me know. I know everyone goes with the BNR one, but im not to great with money, plus i believe my stock one is about to go, so that's why i have considered this one. Thanks for looking and let me know of your thoughts)

I had a 20G and it performed well, but after 700 miles the oil seal went out. I am still waiting on the company to service it and I put on a Blouch 20G XTR instead.
If you woke up today, you have another chance to do it right.

Bryan from BNR said something about oil control valves? There's two of them he says around 80$ each from a dealer. Anyone familiar with that? I am going with his 16g turbo getting the infamous oil feed kit as it is requested to keep the warranty? And he said wouldn't hurt to change the oil control valves. Possibility of them going bad and starving turbo. So anyone who knows this, thoughts On this. Plz :) thanks. Going On a trip after the turbo gets installed. Don't want any surprises down the road.

• Moderators
Bryan from BNR said something about oil control valves? There's two of them he says around 80$ each from a dealer. Anyone familiar with that? I am going with his 16g turbo getting the infamous oil feed kit as it is requested to keep the warranty? And he said wouldn't hurt to change the oil control valves. Possibility of them going bad and starving turbo. So anyone who knows this, thoughts On this. Plz :) thanks. Going On a trip after the turbo gets installed. Don't want any surprises down the road.

My understanding is that they are a recommended part for replacement, possibly as a general maintenance item. When you start modding you need to make sure that everything is in tip-top shape. I think I've seen the 60k-mile figure thrown around as a time to think about replacing them.

Honestly, I'd bet that in most cases the OCVs are just fine--it's a bit of an insurance policy to replace them I would say, and it certainly wouldn't hurt especially on a higher mileage car.

"Bullet-proof" your OEM TMIC! <<Buy your kit here>>

Not currently in stock :(

Honestly, I'd bet that in most cases the OCVs are just fine--it's a bit of an insurance policy to replace them I would say, and it certainly wouldn't hurt especially on a higher mileage car.

Mine are still original, just saying:cool:

Mileage:331487 Retired/Sold

My understanding is that they are a recommended part for replacement, possibly as a general maintenance item. When you start modding you need to make sure that everything is in tip-top shape. I think I've seen the 60k-mile figure thrown around as a time to think about replacing them.

More internet nonsense. Bryan should stop recommending mechanical repairs to Subarus. I have tried to go over this (on this forum) before and every time I read or hear someone on the phone asking about OCV's because BNR recommended new ones with a turbo I cringe.

BNR makes turbos. Thats it. He does not work on Subarus, he does not own or drive a Subaru, he does not tune Subarus. He is a Mazda rotary guy (and a very well regarded one at that). But a Subaru motor is not a rotary and OCV's do not contribute to turbo failures. The passenger side receives its oil supply from the same galley location as the turbo. Thats it. If the OCV's are failing you will get a CEL (camshaft over advancement), rough idle, misfires, etc. The CEL for the passenger side tends to come on 24 hours before a turbo blows because of an obstruction to the oil supply for both devices. Not because the OCV was failing or had anything to do with the turbo failure. The blockage at the banjo bolt filter feeding both is generally the root cause.

Theres a garage right down the street from me, one of the tech's has a GodSpeed 16G and a custom tune on his 4th gen wagon. He said he loves his set up and hasnt had any problems. He's got over 20years experience in Subaru repair so i'm guessing he know's what he's talking about. He's actually SCaseys Tech. I dont think he beats on the car though, so under race conditions, who knows what the turbo will handle. I was thinking about one as well... but i think i might run a Kinugawa instead. Hope this helps.

I didn't even know Godspeed sold turbos untill he told me he got one.

And he has a COBB AP stg1 tune on his 5EAT wagon for now.

Go w/ BNR, better warranty

I donated to LegacyGT.com which allows me to have this nifty signature. :p

If anything SCASEYS posts ever becomes a sticky i'm gonna light this whole place on fire :lol:

Rebuild stock VF40 with Bryan at BNR buy an ebay turbo and say bye bye to a few other parts.

I called Brian at BNR and he said he will no longer rebuild turbos. Only sell a complete one. Too bad!

WWW.MODDICTION.COM

Moddiction Stainless steel and Titanium shift knobs.

Drivetrain, suspension, brakes, exhaust, cooling, fuel, gauges+MUCH more!

Shortage of CHRA's. He did not spend all that money to make his own housings to continue rebuilding dead soldiers.

6starspeed seems to be one of the only "reliable" shops currently rebuilding VF turbos.

Archived