LegacyGT.com

2010 cold air intake

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Yes please! So this is the Cobb intake with box for the 08 WRX?

Does it sound sweet? I bet it sounds sweet.

Yes, Cobb intake and box for the WRX. FYI: I ran just the intake for a couple weeks without the box and IATs were roughly 30-40 degrees above ambient - ouch. I knew box-less would have higher temps but I wasn't expecting 30-40 degrees higher. Stock intake was typically within 10. After getting the Cobb box installed, IATs are back down to within 10 of ambient. I consider the box a must because of this.

Sound....I just can't get enough of it. Turbosmart BPV chirping away between shifts. It's great. I recently got a dash cam that should pick up the sounds pretty well. I'll try to get a video soon. I'm currently battling overboost issues so probably after that so I can get more that just partial throttle driving.

Same boat as you man^ Glad the intake setup worked for ya, sounds like we had to cut the same areas though I still left the hole on the side of the box open for now. The sound is worth it for me, I am gunna strap the Gopro on the hood and go for a rip and see if it picks up all the intake noises for people to get an idea haha

• 3 weeks later...

Damn that sounds badass. Almost like a small bov. Didn't expect that much noise to open up. Or is that actually your BPV that you can hear more pronounced now? I have the same BPV and doesn't' sound like that.

Edit: And never mind, just saw your posts 2 posts back lol. Makes the BPV sound sweet.

• 6 months later...

I have been trying to find a good pic but haven't been able to. For those using the SF intake. What parts are you using? I feel like I am missing something. I only have what is pictured minus the braket. I will be purchasing the box at some point and using an AEM dry cone filter instead of the cobb one.

I had purchased this from another member that was running it. I can't find the picture they had posted a while back, but with the current silicone hose that it comes with, the way they had it setup, was with the filter pointing up almost against the hood. What I believe I'm missing is the silicon hose that would orient the setup in correct direction. I believe it's whatever hose from the 15 wrx people have been mentioning but no matter at what pictures I look at I can't seem to figure out what I'm missing. Could someone point me in the right direction? Or have pics of there setup going from the bottom of the intake tubing to the filter?

cobb.PNG.5087b9aa410417fef49595988f2a998c.PNG

To mount the SF intake in our cars similar to how the stock intake is oriented, you won't use the straight tube that comes with it. You can just put the MAF tube and filter right on the stock elbow that connects to the stock box. Optionally, you can get the 2015+ WRX intake hose kit to replace the elbow. It also comes with a replacement for the hose right before the turbo.

Just wanted to add these pics for reference since I couldn't find any with the stock plastic hosing in place using the Cobb SF Intake. I was doing a test fit to get an idea of how its going to be setup.

1635566276_2017-04-1413_07_50.thumb.jpg.d3325a3650b7802795147eac1bb6e91a.jpg

Archived