LegacyGT.com

My Build Consideration - need your input

Thanks guys.

I just want the car back. The dog has been forced to stay at our place. She's used to being with me 24/7, and I miss having her around the office.

77lbs pit/lab mix.

The ring arrived today. So the proposal should be happening tomorrow out in Tahoe.

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hey it's still not to late....remember you already done this once. LOL

Twice for me.....

The GF and I are happy...at least I think she is...No, no doubts there. She's a keeper!

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

Engine Build - Click Here

^picture?

^ Awesome man! Happy for you.

She's a great dog. Soft and gentle with the family. Very protective of the house and down right aggressive with strangers who don't get my approval during our first meet. She'll take your arm off if you mishandle our 3 year old (GF's kid, soon to be mine as well).

bella.thumb.jpg.999888d921d1b26f1475d46c5189d785.jpg

Hey it's still not to late....remember you already done this once. LOL

Twice for me.....

The GF and I are happy...at least I think she is...No, no doubts there. She's a keeper!

LOL

This one is different, I knew that on our second date. I can stay married for life and I believe this one can as well. If this fails, I won't re-marry - I gather you understand!

GF's daughter got married last June, her son is getting married next Sept 2014. My son and his longggg time GF, may be on deck...

305,600miles 5/2012 ej257 short block, 8/2011 installed VF52 turbo, @20.8psi, 280whp, 300ftlbs. (SOLD).  CHECK your oil, these cars use it.

It has been found to not be the best MAP for exhaust valves and #4 piston.

http://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/dangerous-cylinder-trims-5th-gen-lgts-193842.html

That's from my Tuner, the same basic problem is in the 4th gen MAP too.

I hate to break up all of this marriage talk, but what's so bad about the stock map? I have a lgt with 135,000 miles and counting...

Much debate on this topic. The stock tune runs lean into the first few psi of boost and advances the timing on Cyl 4 (closest to knock sensor). The combo leads to knock.

What is certain, is the stock tune flies in the face of good map design. If you're not into boost much you will probably never see the problem.

I hate to take over the thread but what is the best plan to get off of the stock maps? is it worth if it I'm already at 135,000 miles?

Hard to tell if it's worth it.

You could get a reasonable street tune. Little smoother power and deals with the lean/timing. Local tuner should do it for about $225.

You may also get a little better MPG, depends on how safe you want the tune.

I went stage 2 at 141,000 miles.

I purchased the car used. I have put on about 700 miles already. I'm into boost every time I drive it. (not saying I go wot all the time, but I'm not a grandma driver) I will talk about it with my dad. So basically a tune would help

1. the lean/timing issue

2. Maybe more mpg

3. power delivery

Anything else?

Thanks guys!

That's correct.

Before the first street tune, the cars would hit boost hard, after the tune. Boost comes on, for lack of a better term softer but begins to push you back in the seat and holds you there.

Even at about 3/4 throttle running thru the gears the car is much more linear.

Well my car is delayed till next week. Apparently the pistons didn't show at the machine shop and they overnighted another set that arrived yesterday.

They'll get it all together and Kevin told me he'll bring in his crew over the weekend to make it happen.

I'm also officially engaged. Life is about to get very spendy.

Well it's running late but today I get her at 4PM.

Then I have a few days to put 500 break in miles on her before the oil change and tune on Friday at 1PM. We hit the road for 1600 mile road trip on Sunday!

Weee!

Well I showed up to pick up the car and the motor isn't completed. I'm livid. Forced me to run around town to find a rental car in time for our trip.

They knew days ago, Tuesday when I called to confirm pick up time, but didn't say anything. The main bearing was too lose and they couldn't source one in time.

I have no idea what to do. They said they'd pay for a rental car, well walk up 4th of July rates cost me $916 till July 15th. There is a remaining balance of $1600 on the work they've done.

When I left they said they'd have the car ready for me on the 15th - which is doubtful.

They've had the car since May 24th.

June 6th - motor was pulled late

June 11th - was told the motor would be back in the car later that week

June 20th - told motor was running late due to machine shop

June 25th - Showed in person, told the machine shop hadn't return the motor because pistons hadn't arrived and they'd overnight-ed another set.

June 28th - Told me they had the motor back and were putting it in the car. Pick up Tues/Wed next week

July 2nd - Called to confirm time for pick up. Told Wednesday end of day.

July 3rd - Showed up at 3.30PM told they couldn't put the motor back together because the bearing was too loose. Looked all day Tuesday to find it, but none in town. To which I said "I guess you're renting a car" and Kevin the owner said "Yeah. Maybe you can call your insurance to see if they have some discounts. When will you be back?" I said "July 15th" and he said "We will have the car ready by then".

What ticks me off is that when I bought the car in for the comp testing and discussed motor rebuilding they knew my requirement. Told me the motor would take 2-4 weeks. From May 24th that would have left plenty of buffer. They also didn't bother to call me Wednesday, forced me to waste my time and find out in person. Like I wasn't going to show to get the car.

I feel like this is going to get messy.

:(

I know it is very frustrating. I had to get my heads rebuilt last March (only one really). And it took like 2 months! I was riding my bike everywhere and my wife was 8 months pregnant at the time. It was tough times I can tell you that! It definitely puts your patience to the test, that's for sure.

I hope everything will get sorted out for you.

I feel your pain I am doing the work myself and having the same problems. My short block had to come from factory. Took a week and a half to get it then I decided to buy reman heads took over a week for those to come in. I got them yesterday but I am out of town. So I have been waiting over two and half weeks for parts. I originally thought I would have job completed in about a week. Ha ha boy was I wrong!!

Archived