LegacyGT.com

What is this grill?

I'm new to Subaru and this forum. Hopefully with a little time i'll get into some of the awesome diy stuff you guys have posted in here. My first pressing question is this grill though. What is it off? I originaly picked it up hoping to make some spare cash but now its got me chasing my tail. I also broke my first rule of the forum (oops, sorry guys) of trying to sell it without the required number of posts or something like that. So here's my first.

It looks like the typical OEM 05-07 legacy grill (still learning what that means) but doesn't have the chrome surround that all the others I've seen have. Is it factory options or is this one a cheap after market one?

Love the to pick someone's brain with this one. 20130506_010743.thumb.jpg.57a1b0fc964663130664940026a2b97a.jpg

looks like a standard 03/04... there are plenty like that around here, but I'm no expert, how high is it?.., I recently got a replacement for my 05 and found out there are 2 types and the 05 like mine with chrome around the edge are the higher of the 2.

From memory the 05 is roughly 180mm high and the earlier model around 140mm high.

ah. ok. thanks everyone. any idea what its worth?

A grill like that can go for anywhere between $50-$200 from what I've seen.

edit: I've seen $200 on trademe advertised but haven't seen anyone buy one for that much.

If it fits '08 models I might be willing to buy it for about $50 odd. Been thinking of making a mesh grill but don't want to gut my current one as I like both options.

Archived