LegacyGT.com

car running really rough, need help!

my cars running like absolute shit right now, was running perfectly fine, then it started has a slight random cylinder 4 misfire everyonce in awhile, progressively getting more and more frequent, the other day it started flashing the check engine light constantly and running really rough. babied it home, and checked everything, this happened a while ago and it turned out to be the crank gear slight turned, throwing timing off, got that fixed and it was fine until this started again.. has a new cam sensor, new wires, new plugs, cleaned maf, just redid the timing, just about everything I can think of..theres now no cel but if one does trip its only a #4 cylinder misfire p0304, and it constantly flashes. only thing left is the injector..gonna swap that here and after that im at a loss..any help appreciated!

Rarely happens, but maybe a vaule guide may have dropped??? Just putting it out there. Maybe try a pressure test on your vaules? I know I have seen 06 impreza sport have 2 vaule guides drop on the side where the cat. converter is. The heat from the converter causes the head to get hot. Prolly not the issue but never know.

I'm thinkjng a car test is next, any maybe recheck timing I guess..I don't know..its not throwing any codes so I can't even really say its missing anymore. It was throwing a #4 misfire when it was driving but no when its just parked and running. Like I said last time it did this it was timing so I just reset it all and it all seemed great, I'm just at a loss on what to do from here..no cel so it doesn't seem electrical. Its jlgetting good fuel so it doesn't seem fuel related and the timing should be dead on..idk..

Brand new msd coil pack. And yes its wired correctly and putting out good spark. New 02 sensors, swapping out crank and can sensors again tomorrow with known good ones. I'm just at a loss..none of it makes sense to me..

Is the injector plugged in all the way? This is what happened to me almost exactly. Try unplug and clean injector connectors with MAF cleaner and plug in securely.

stock ej25d, turbo build is still outta the car lol. injector is plugged in all the way, plugs are only a month old iridiums I find it hard to believe they could have gone bad already but maybe.. month old 8mm wires too, swapped injectors from a different set and no difference, there all plugged in too.

This happened to me; make sure the 4th spark plug doesn't have the o ring from the socket stuck on it. The boot (depending on the size of o ring) can plug in enough to have a good connection, but eventually get backed out. The thing that's crazy is its really hard to tell if its in there, esp. the DOHC motors. Not common but it did happen to me.

Just redid timing again. Spot on. New wires. New set of plugs. Found 1 vacuum leak and fixed it. No difference. Torqued it to 140 ft lbs like it says too. I'm at such a loss right now. It runs but its really rough. Like its on 3 cylinders, and idles really crappy too.

o2 sensor? I put in a new bosch one like a month ago when all my other problems started. could it be bad already? thinking oem is probably the way to go this next time..

Can't go wrong with oem, ntk o2 sensors are probably the next best thing, you can get those from rock auto pretty cheap.

Hello;

Did you check the TR module? This fires the coil. Check valve clearance? Put a test light on the injector connector and see if it is firing. Check the resistance on the injector. Should be 11 ohms. Just fixed a car that had faulty wiring on the injector circuit, Steven.

Archived