LegacyGT.com

LGT vs Cavalier :rolleyes:

Prod

I was forced, involuntarily, to engage in a contest of speed with a Cavalier. Sad, yes. I'm cruising along with the A/C on, 2 people in the car, and paintball gear in the back. (Probably an extra 400 lbs beyond just me) I'm following a green older model Dodge Stratus. There is an orange Cavalier following me (04+). We're all doing about 50-55 on a 2 lane road, which I believe the speed limit was 45. We come up on some guy doing 35-40. It's legal to pass and the road is clear, so the Stratus moves into the oncoming lane and passes. I follow suit, as does the Cavalier. We return to our cruising speed on 50-55. I noticed that the Cavalier was a little reluctant to get in behind me after the first pass.

We come across another slow poke. The Stratus hops over to the other lane and begins to pass. I begin to accelerate gently because I can't floor it with the Stratus in my way. I also accelerate in my own lane, and move to pass at the last minute so I can abort if necessary without looking like a jackass. Well I look into my mirror because I know this Cavalier guy isn't too patient. He hopped over into the other lane and gunned it at about the same time as the Stratus did the same. Well, with the Stratus out of my way, I'm ready to make my move, but this guy is now at my back bumper. I don't know what he was thinking. He was way too far back to hope of passing before the oncoming traffic got too close. I fully intend on passing, and I'm not about to let this orange econobox of fury get the best of me. So I floor it, my tranny downshifts to third, and with ease I can move into the other lane and pass. As my engine was singing softly at 6000 rpm, I took the opportunity to duck behind the Stratus and hit the breaks, because 6000 in 3rd is quite fast. I had the room to pass the Stratus, but I decided to be extra safe and not chance anything, besides, he was going fast enough for me. When I returned to 50mph, I checked my mirror to see that the Cavalier had not mustered enough power to pass the slow guy before oncoming traffic presented an unsafe condition. :lol: Hopefully next time he'll stay in his lane until he's actually in a position to pass.

Diagrams

Starting

.........!Slow

.........!Stratus

.........!LGT

.........!Cav

............!.....

Stratus!Slow

............!LGT

Cav......!.....

...........!Stratus

LGT.....!Slow

Cav.....!.....

traffic.!.....

..........!Stratus

..........!LGT

..........!Slow

..........!Cav <--owned

Maybe its b/c the room is smokey ;) but that diagram is very confusing to me :confused:

Heh...:D

It's really basically showing how the Cavalier was on his 'A double dollars,' but couldn't muster up enough juice to beat the slowpoke. Hope that helps...as it shows in diagram 3 and four.

Hehe stupid Cavalier. We have a shitload of people up here with those damn Cavs and friggin little Paseo's (remeber those retarded little things dont we?) that have the aftermarket exhausts and APC stickers everywhere, so they cant possibly see what the hell is going on out the front, back or side winders and boy oh boy is it fun to shit can them. Nice diagrams by the way, they added another few chuckles

JDM'd All to hell

:cool:

Thanks Jimmy @ Hkc-Speed.com!

RIP Coxx & Thanks

I hung with a cayenne turbo from 40-70, it was as fast as I could go since the lane was merging. We later pulled next to each other at a red and he said "that things pretty quick!". I didn't even know we could hang for that long.

muFreight.co
A JDM Container Sharing Service from Japan 🇯🇵 to NYC 🗽
 🌐 Website📷 Instagram✉️ Email

Bessie II's Thread

Archived