LegacyGT.com

Please help!

Any idea what would make my 05 GT wagon continuously honk like a friggin' goose when accelerating at max boost? And then "whoosh" like it has a giant BOV when I shift? I've checked to the best of my ability, the inter cooler end tanks and as many hoses as I can access. I have a CEL code that reads something to the effect of "Wastegate Solenoid Actuator...". Could the wastegate be stuck open or closed? It's an Evo 18G/TDO5 from BNR super cars with a 1bar spring. Otherwise stock... Thanks for any help!:spin:

Why do I have a sneaking suspicion you didn't have your car tuned nor did you reinforce your TMIC with the bulletproof mod....

The noise is most likely a leak. Keep looking. At your end tanks. Closer.

It could be associated with the stock tune, if you didn't get tuned... so--did you?

I had a similar sound coming from my stock BPV, but it wasn't accompanied by a CEL. If you've had a tune for this turbo, check the lines going to the wastegate actuator. See if the orifice is installed, and make sure there aren't any leaks there. If you haven't had a tune for this turbo... stop driving until you have.

Tits mcgee

So, I've had this new Torque Solutions TMIC sitting around for about 3 years now and thought there's no better time than the present to put it on. I removed the 30mm recirc. hose and the 2-10mm bolts that hold the recirc. valve on. When I went to pull the small hose off the other barb, the hose came away with most of the barb still inside it. It almost looks like it was damaged and somebody tried to super glue it back on. Oh and once I got the TB hose off I discovered that I'll likely have to purchase a new one. I looked around a little bit but there doesn't seem to be an "upgrade" in the way of non-OEM aftermarket item. Does anyone know of a decent replacement or should I just get the factory one from Subaru? And yes, the car has been tuned since the turbo upgrade, but thanks for the concern...

Nevermind, found the AVO one.

Yeah, that's the main reason it sat behind the couch for 2.5 years... I put it on tonight and other than it being a bear to get shoe-horned into the throttle body hose, it wasn't too bad. Only other fitment issue is the recirc hose now rests directly on the intercooler. I'll have to keep and eye on that so it doesn't destroy that hose. That and get an updated tune going.

Archived