LegacyGT.com

EZ30 Engine production date

Hi guys

Does anyone know if there is stamped date of prodution on H6 engine?

I am about to purchase angine which is suppose to be from 2008 but I'd rather be sure if it is or not cause I don't trust the milleage.

I know that some parts can be decoded but not sure about engine

It was not my question

:cool:

Well lets get to the question the EZ30R was buit between 2003-2009 you find the car it came out of you will know your production approximate date since engines are built ahead of time and married to the car as needed.

If its got high miles again find the car it came out of and try to trace the maintenance records if not its a crap shoot.

:cool:

Well lets get to the question the EZ30R was buit between 2003-2009 you find the car it came out of you will know your production approximate date since engines are built ahead of time and married to the car as needed.

If its got high miles again find the car it came out of and try to trace the maintenance records if not its a crap shoot.

I am about to buy a 2004 Wagon (in EU its BP) but engine was swapped from 2008 reg car (after lifting) so I don't trust seller and want's to check it. It's low milleage but been bought from wrecked car as well.

Miolleage is not a poit cause it's easy to change it and the clock will show what you want to see.

I'll check the compression too but production date will help me a lot.

it's possible in some impreza so may be possible in Legacy 3.0

I am not familiar with subaru engines coding but I a pretty sure every new engine stamped with vin number on it. My GM truck has 3 stamps in addition to the part number.

One is the VIN. It has T+ 10 through 17 digits of the vin. T is the body style of my truck. 10 is the model year. So you if you can find the vin stamp your 10th digit should 8 for a 2008. The other numbers you may need to know what the date format is (or where in a longer the code the date is).

The VIN is not put on to the engine.

The VIN is tied to the Vehicle, not the engine. It lists the engine as supplied to that car from the factory, but that's it.

You can get the serial number from the engine and contact Subaru and ask them when it was made.

O.

No such thing as EZ30R - that's just something someone came up with to distinguish between with and without AVCS.

They are all EZ30D.

As Osei said above, get the VIN and engine number and ring a few dealers and ask.

Ran into another thread, and it seems that the date of mfg of any subaru engine are closely tied to it's parts. That being said, the oil filler cap has the date of mfg on its inside. So unless the cap has been replaced, it is more likely also the date of mfg of that engine.

(I ask forgiveness for not givng proper credit, for it escaped me to grab poster's name)

O.

Ran into another thread, and it seems that the date of mfg of any subaru engine are closely tied to it's parts. That being said, the oil filler cap has the date of mfg on its inside. So unless the cap has been replaced, it is more likely also the date of mfg of that engine.

(I ask forgiveness for not givng proper credit, for it escaped me to grab poster's name)

O.

that's helpfull

Thanks a lot :spin::spin::spin:

I can check on previous engine as well.

I'll check this out if there is any difference.

No such thing as EZ30R - that's just something someone came up with to distinguish between with and without AVCS.

They are all EZ30D.

As Osei said above, get the VIN and engine number and ring a few dealers and ask.

The ez30d signifies the dual overheads... The ez30 is the single. The ez30 were made until 2004/2005 then the ez30d kicked in as I understand it. The r was just the surname for the vehicle ie 3.0R.

The ez30d signifies the dual overheads... The ez30 is the single. The ez30 were made until 2004/2005 then the ez30d kicked in as I understand it. The r was just the surname for the vehicle ie 3.0R.

All EZ's are DOHC...

Only 6 cylinder subaru that isn't a DOHC is the crappy old ER27.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived