LegacyGT.com

Wider stance/suspension. im new!

Hey Im new! Real excited to see how my legacy turns out. You guys put so much effort and thought into these its so inspiring! I have the NA 05 Legacy ltd. I know its not a fast car so I won't bother so much on the performance side. Everything is stock but is like to get a wider stance. I know there are spacers out there as well as rims but I'm thinking maybe .5in wider on each side. Would you guys think its even worth it? What other options are there ?

Also thinking about springs. I'm not fond of the ridiculously harsh ride plus I live in the mountains so coilovers wouldn't really benefit me. I'm thinking some springs? Lower it .5in at most since I still need clears for steep roads.

Any info advice helps!

Thanks! Will

I'm kind of like you, I also have a 2.5i. I wanted a tougher look. However I chose coilovers and no spacers with a high offset. And I love it, even though its not exactly "stanced". But it does sound like your roads are harsher than mine. My point is ; if you do springs (epic, eibach whatever). . Go ahead and save yourself the headache and buy Koni yellow struts. I've ridden in a LGT with that set up. It rode really well and handled every bump nicely. Barely any role when turning and a rare amount of sag under acceleration. I know it's more money. But if you just do stock shocks with aftermarket springs on, it won't take long before your struts are screwed. Now this is just if you do the spring/strut set up. Cause if it was me... I would still put coilovers on. Just IMO. Hope it helps and look forward to seeing pics

Its definitely a dd on some harsh roads. I've been looking at the eibach pro series springs? Does anyone have these with the stock struts? I've heard keeping them stock keeps the ride barable? Ill post some stock pictures. Bought this car myself:) can't wait to make her look good!

Eibachs with stock struts would likely be fine. Know that lowering springs on stock struts decreases the overall life of the strut because you're taking the hydraulic out of its optimal range of motion. Though this would likely be pretty minimal with the goals you mentioned.

Not sure how new to this you are so bear with me if you knew this but an alignment will be necessary after any significant variance in height.

GL and post up some pics of whatever you land on! Before and after and your impressions would be beneficial to the site! :)

Archived