LegacyGT.com

The Official LGT Vaping Thread

DocHolladay23

Anyone out there using a vaporizer/e-cig? Just got my first setup last weekend to quit smoking and I must say I'm loving it so far, haven't had a single cigarette since I picked it up! Looking for flavor/equipment suggestions as well as other success stories!

Yeah BLU seems to be pretty popular for first vaporizers. I went with a Joyetech eGo C-2 battery, but with a tank and atomized cartridges instead of their standard kit. So far my "startup" costs have been about $70, and I'm thinking the $5 10ml bottle of juice will last me about 1.5-2 weeks, so I'll be saving money vs. buying smokes in no time.

Just got my first batch of flavors, decided to go with whisky, rum, watermelon, rasberry, and strawberry mint. So far I've only tried the whisky and raspberry, both are great (liking the whisky a little better so far) :)

I'm liking this thread more and more. So last night did a ton of research. Looking like I'm going with the Joyetech eRoll or the Halo Triton Tank system. I like the eRoll for the form factor (to at least get me over the analog version) and portability. Then can add an 808 size or similar if I want to vape for pleasure. Didn't realize there were so many options for hardware. I spent a few hours digging on it all and watching YouTube reviews etc.

Since Mt. Baker Vapor is in the PNW I think I'm going to try some of their juice. Going with tobacco flavors and menthol to replace the analog habit at first, and I want to also try Halo's Tribeca juice. Later I'll tinker with some of the more gourmet and exotics. The juice is cheap enough even if you don't like a flavor, it's not a big loss. Who knows I may DIY my juices down the road too, and I like the idea of mixing in a bit of Vodka etc. :D

Glad to hear it, and I agree there are way too many options for me :lol: I got my batch of juices from litecigusa, but if you've got a local place I'd go with that for sure. Only thing I would recommend based on my experience/reading would be to consider avoiding the tobacco flavors. Strange as it sounds they actually tend to make it a little harder to give up on the analogs. I smoked menthol too, I'm not a big fan of the tobacco menthol flavor I bought, but I got one called menthol ice that tastes almost minty that is pretty good.

No matter what you decide on I say congrats though, I still haven't had a cig since I got mine and really have no desire to at this point and hopefully you'll have the same results. I like not smelling like smoke and prefer the taste of the vape over it. Post up what you end up going with though, I'm very interested to hear about other setups!

• 1 year later...

Started with the E-Go kits and quickly escalated on the HW angle...

Stopped smoking January 2014.

Now rolling with a kayfun tank and nemesis mechanical mod. Running 18650 batteries and building my own coils/wicks.

About to build a new wick now. Organic cotton wick supply will last a lifetime.

Been using 18 Pineapple/coconut blend for a while.

I'm using a vision spinner II adjustable voltage battery with a kanger protank II. Keeping it simple, but it's been working pretty well for me. I've been ****** up the kiwi juice.
I could suck start a snow blower.

• 3 months later...

So we got a couple of Chihuahuas the other day... family moving, couldn't take pets to new place... 5 yr old and a 2 yr old. Owner said they love car rides. OK, took them for a car ride.... The younger one puked in my RDA... and all over my cupholders... and my seat...

Anyway, so yeah. Rebuilding my RDA again. I just re-wicked it last night, too. Damn it.

• 2 months later...
im curently using an aspire sub ohm (.5) with kangertech tank. pineapple watermelon is good so far, but i think the pineapple is too prominent. i may remix and try again. im about half and half with smoking, i should just stop buying cigs and give it a shot.

Best juice source I've been using is Slims. They will customize the mix for you as well. Caffeine is an option I have not tried. Pineapple as a base is very weak flavor. Using Monkey Fart and just ordered Drunken Turtle to mix for some flavor. My tank works longer if I use a 50/50 VG/PG blend.

Archived