LegacyGT.com

Myron and Davis Nav

Finally got my unit in;)... and this thing has been one headache after another.

Couple of years ago I got a steal of a deal from coppertone for an amp and speakers. Well I finally got those put in with the head unit.

At first there was the alternator whine. That was resolved with two filters that the installer plugged in to the analog amp and I thought that was resolved for a couple of weeks. Now the whine comes back sporadically off and on the entire ride. At first unplugging and plugging the filters back in would get rid of the whine, now it doesn't matter, the whine has a mind of it's own coming on and off whenever it wants. I have checked every connection I can get my hands on, I just cannot figure out why the filters are working and then they are not.

My ipod has been working off and on as well. Sometimes there are little stars that come up when the title of the artist and song should be there, and it won't play. Then it will play a song but not let me change the song but it will let me change the volume... sometimes I will be in nav and be able to change the song, sometimes I will be in nav and I cannot even change the volume. Sometimes the unit will not even register that the ipod is there and play absolutely nothing.

End rant. I don't know, I love the OEM look and that is why I bought this thing, but sh*t for an originally $2K price-tagged unit you would think the software was a little more polished. Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess. Buyer beware, these things are $350 on ebay for a reason.

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. If you need anything audio wise, please feel free to pm me as I've got an Alpine for sale. :)

2010 2.5GT limited is for sale. :)

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Paid 250.00 for mine on eBay and I still think that was even too much!

Unfortunately I agree!

Sorry to hear that it didn't work out for you. If you need anything audio wise, please feel free to pm me as I've got an Alpine for sale. :)

coppertone I believe all the issues are coming from the head unit... the amp and speakers I got from you are great so no need to apologize. With the sound deadening when the system works correctly, it sounds awesome! With that said, what kind of alpine are we talking about?? :lol:

Finally got my unit in;)... and this thing has been one headache after another.

Couple of years ago I got a steal of a deal from coppertone for an amp and speakers. Well I finally got those put in with the head unit.

At first there was the alternator whine. That was resolved with two filters that the installer plugged in to the analog amp and I thought that was resolved for a couple of weeks. Now the whine comes back sporadically off and on the entire ride. At first unplugging and plugging the filters back in would get rid of the whine, now it doesn't matter, the whine has a mind of it's own coming on and off whenever it wants. I have checked every connection I can get my hands on, I just cannot figure out why the filters are working and then they are not.

My ipod has been working off and on as well. Sometimes there are little stars that come up when the title of the artist and song should be there, and it won't play. Then it will play a song but not let me change the song but it will let me change the volume... sometimes I will be in nav and be able to change the song, sometimes I will be in nav and I cannot even change the volume. Sometimes the unit will not even register that the ipod is there and play absolutely nothing.

End rant. I don't know, I love the OEM look and that is why I bought this thing, but sh*t for an originally $2K price-tagged unit you would think the software was a little more polished. Oh well, you get what you pay for I guess. Buyer beware, these things are $350 on ebay for a reason.

Sorry to hear you've had problems with yours, I haven't had any problems with mine.

I would suggest resetting the unit. This make take care of the iPod/navigation quirk. There is a small hole on the bottom right side, just stick a needle or safety pin in it. Just press and release, don't press and hold. Resetting the unit will restore the radio to factory default, so you'll lose any settings.

As for the wine you're hearing, it's most likely a bad wire and not a bad connection. There may be a wire with a small nick/hole in it that's giving you the wining sound. It's either the wire going to the battery, grounds or a wire going to the amp. Even if your connections are solid, you'll still get some negative feedback from a wire with the smallest hole. Good luck!

1. go to your AUX-IN screen

2. tap in the upper right hand corner

3. enter 543210

4. hidden menu pops up

5. press the second tab down (System Settings)

6. Select "Break Override" and select "On"

7. Check out other settings

Won't let me enter all numbers!

• 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...

For anyone with a Myron & Davis unit in their 5th gen, I've likely figured out a way to run iGo v8/9 Primo navigation software (and updated 2014 maps) on it.

If all goes well, I'll have this setup, tested and confirmed later in July and will report back with what's required and a how-to.

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDbThZJfUPk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wDbThZJfUPk[/ame]

[ame=

]
[/ame]

• 2 weeks later...

It works! Booted up iGo v9 Primo 2.4 with latest North American map (Feb-2014; Q3-2013 data). Vastly improved vs the stock software and maps on the Myron and Davis unit.

Runs smooth, very clear graphics and fonts, great voice quality. Quick routing and re-routing.

Coverage: North America: United States, Canada, Mexico

Announced: February 2014

Brand: iGO 9

System: WinCE 5.0/6.0

Program Version: iGO Primo 2.4 ( 9.6.13.267029)

Map Data: 2013.Q3--latest, for now!

1. I've purchased a legal North American map with all licenses, languages and latest iGo Primo software build.

There are a lot of places to do this, but the easiest is: http://www.gpsmapstore.com/america-gps-navi-map/north-america-gps-map

The set arrived pre-loaded on a micro-SDHC 8GB card. You can also grab any other continent/region/countries you need.

Plus the software can be had in both the WinCE v5/6 flavor that works on these Myron&Davis (Rosen) NAVs or say Android phones/tablets.

2. Pulled the stock 2GB micro-SD card out of the unit and made a backup image on my PC.

3. Dragged and dropped all the 'stock' folders over to the 8GB SDHC

(Only needed in case you want a dual-boot option)

4. Edited the maplaunch.in file in the root to allow dual boot like so:

[MAP1]

path=Primo\Primo.exe

bmpiconpath=ui\Navione.bmp

bmpiconpathselect=ui\navione_select.bmp

showname=iGo

[MAP2]

path=Gogo\Gogo.exe

bmpiconpath=ui\Navione.bmp

bmpiconpathselect=ui\navione_select.bmp

showname=Gogo

[bmp]

backbmppath=ui\Sunrise 835x480.bmp

calibratebmppath=ui\calibrate.bmp

;note..

;whatever was here

5. Pop the new SDHC card into the nav unit, turn it on, restart nav and enjoy!

IMAG1272.thumb.jpg.24ef8aa17879a819a6cf98c64f65df7a.jpg

IMAG1274.thumb.jpg.b54b2c25c22e7998be7bf48e1b9568f4.jpg

IMAG1270.thumb.jpg.6839546d650b2f8164917836e43a8723.jpg

IMAG1271.thumb.jpg.a09be66879f86eee2f9eb2741ce8cfa9.jpg

IMAG1276.thumb.jpg.dafa75a21f9104435c8d2cd4a7141583.jpg

• 10 months later...
  • 11 months later...

Archived